General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Fastest N/A Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Default Fastest N/A Civic?

One of my friends told me about a civic hatch locally that supposedly runs an 11.2 1/4 mile in full street trim. I think this is complete BS because later on I saw the car he was talking about and it looked like it was just a ricer car. I tried to get him to race, but he looked at my car and shook his head. Anyways, I'm pretty sure you'd need decent sized slicks to run 11.2 on anything, aside from AWD. What do you guys think. BTW, I drive a '94 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:25 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Fastest N/A Civic?

you take a civic hatch....swap a K20 motor in it.....bore it out.....build the tranny....get every bolt on you can.....get a really good engine management system, and a good tune......ud be set. i think there is a website hybridhatches.com or something......theyve got some FAST n/a hatches. Check it out. That car u saw was either rice or a well built sleeper.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:40 AM

Yeh, I wasn't saying that it isn't a fast car, I mean one of my buddies has a 2000 Si with a Jackson supercharger, and other mods, and it's fast, but I was told this car ran 11.2 with all motor on street tires and full weight, and I just think that it's BS.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:43 AM
HCF Member

well i guess ull never kno till u see the car run AT THE TRACK

it may be expensive to make hondas run 11's n/a.......but its doable.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:44 AM

Are you sure it was full weight?

A few years a ago we had plans for a sleeper that included a double decker aluminum wing, LED muffler tip, stock wheels with chrome hub caps and all. So much rice you could see the steam coming from the LED tip

Old 08-05-2005, 03:12 AM

i had a twin turbo 3kgt back in the day... (im 19 so a year ago...)

Old 08-05-2005, 10:21 AM

Lol, back in the day

Old 08-05-2005, 10:44 AM

Yeh, I'm pretty sure that it was full weight. I followed it for a few miles, to try to talk to the kid, but he seemed like he didn't want to. Anyways, we went around a local traffic circle, and the thing had decent body roll for the super street sleeper that it was supposed to be, and besides, I didn't hear the tires chirping to give away a tight LSD or a spool, so I'm wondering how this guy can get the traction he needs to go that fast.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:39 AM

i agree, i'd say most people w/ civics are ricers. I can't go to Taco Bell on any Friday night without a parking lot full of rice greeting me. Bunch of kids with a damn coffee can exhaust and a huge body kit and wings big enough for a damn jet. They sit there and rev there engines, and does anyone else get why people put the V-tec stickers on the DX models and you can tell just by looking at them that there was no swap? (in the words of will farrell) I feel like i'm taking crazy pills. I think that kids probably lying, i wouldn't believe it till you saw under the hood. okay i gotta go, my blood pressure's through roof after that...

Old 08-08-2005, 03:47 AM
HCF Member

vtec is nice........but its not THAT good. Dont know why that would make u mad.

Quick Reply: Fastest N/A Civic?