General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

finaly got me a turbo and manifold!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: finaly got me a turbo!!

well i mean yeah its fast but it could be faster if the gear ratio's were changed up but i never had the money to do anything to that car all mods were done by my grandpa exept the new exhaust got it done yesterday flowmaster
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-24-2007, 08:35 PM

A michigan boy......You guys would be suprised at how many super young guys in this area know a ton about cars,Its absolutly amazing.

No job huh? I may just contract you in the winter to help me do a swap and teach an older dude how to tune a civic.

My winter car IS a civic...93 DX Ol reliable....And I just got a 20 over from state police coming out of lansing yesterdsay in it, 90 in a 70 sigh...My first ticket scence 2001....I was doing so well too. You know what my problem was right? I was running my D on I-69 and imagining it was a B turbod and got pulled over and then rememberd it was D ...called my wife and asked her why my none of my paperwork in the car had been updated..DOH! Trooper was real cool...no reckless...whew!

Moral is, It all would have been justified if it was a B....So thats what im doing this winter

This is where im thinking of getting it from...looks like a full swap....right?

http://www.jspecauto.com/catalog_pro...px?prod_id=722

Old 08-25-2007, 11:25 AM
HCF Member

what part of MI r u from

Old 08-25-2007, 01:08 PM

Auburn Hills....You know....Where the pistons play.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

o ok cool cool

Old 08-25-2007, 10:42 PM

The setup looks sweet man.......Your way ahead of me right now,I still gotta get the civic im going to use.....But I got a leg up on ya... I got a good job,In a poor michigan economy

I got a 99 AWD v8 mercury mountaineer im trying to sell and im going to buy my wife a nice 4 door accord...after that...Its whatever I want...***** out. Im looking to blow over 10 thousand by the end of it.

I have wanted to build a civic scence I was 18 and im 29 now,I was in downtown detroit in 1996 on a saturday at about 2:30am with some friends that had a 69 camaro tubbed out,427,dominator carbs...the works,It was a mid to hi 10 second car. Ron had won a race in it already that night and was feeling confident. Next thing you know this honda civic comes poking around the corner and pulls into the slew of race cars and stops. Everyone starts making a big fuss about this car....Me and ron are like what the ****? Its a foreign piece of **** right? So hes all about racing this dude and challenges him to race just for bragging rights...The dude didnt even hesitate...hes like lets do it.

So he whips up to the line and I hear this noise that I didnt hear when he pulled up...real hi pitched steady whistling (first time I ever heard a supercharger) ron starts his beast up and you cant hear **** but him anymore. They go and this civic smoked him so bad...SO BAD...I believe he had about 3 to 4 lenghts on him by the end..(ron wont admit that though) Dude was running nitrous along with a supercharged/supertuned god knows what? B16? 18? Alls I knew was it was CLEAN and crazy fast 2 door coupe.

Thats where it started for me...I had a new found respect for Vtec....Im like one day...Im gunna build somthing like that.