General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Fit Ranked Better Than Civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Default Fit Ranked Better Than Civic

I seethe USNews & World Report rankings have the Honda Fit ranked better than the Honda Civic.Can I trust these rankings? I plan on buying one -- which one is better overall?

Old 01-26-2008, 04:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Fit Ranked Better Than Civic

They are ranked so close, that it is almost a tie. The Fit is cheaper which is probably why it won. They are both Hondas, so quality should be similar. Pick the one YOU like. The Civic has a little more power, similar (maybe better) mileage, and is roomy for a little sh*t box. The Fit has more cargo options, but may not be as comfy. A lot of reviews that I have read say the Civic has little cargo space. If you fold the seats down, there a fair amount of storage. Can't put tall things in it like a Fit might hold, but there is cargo space. I love my Civic. Never been in our near a Fit.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

Yeah - but Fit's are SO much uglier than Civics. Sorry, but economy or not, I like a little style to my cars.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:55 PM

The current Fit we have in North America was introuduced to other parts of the world in 2001 (Honda Jazz), making it 7 years old now...the next model of Fit/Jazz is due out very soon...

My colleage used to have one, its pretty handy in that it has the magic seats which fold every possible way...gas tank is placed under drivers front seat, so the rear is low and flat, improving cargo space back there...

I found the fit lacks in power...it only has 109, while NorthAmerican Civics have 140...and mileage is pretty much identical between the Fit and the Civic...

I think the Civic is a much better for about the same price, car unless you need a little van to haul things around with then the Fit is more versatile...

Old 01-26-2008, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

Hey - don't be talkin' mean like 'it only has 109' - my VX has a whopping 92, and it's a monster.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:24 PM

A Fit can be pretty cool with a few mods:Mugen Fit

Old 01-26-2008, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: TheInternet

gas tank is placed under drivers front seat, so the rear is low and flat, improving cargo space back there...
so if gas tank ignites somehow from car fire and/or bad wreck or whatever, you're the first one dead? awesome. lol

Old 01-26-2008, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction
so if gas tank ignites somehow from car fire and/or bad wreck or whatever, you're the first one dead? awesome. lol

Old 01-26-2008, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: TheInternet

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

wow. good engineering right there.

it's like a perfect suicide bomber's car

Old 01-26-2008, 10:09 PM

That's pretty odd that they would put the fuel tank there. I doubt it'll matter one way or another unless you're one unlucky person. LOL.

Personally, I'd get the Civic. I bought an '08 EX Coupe myself and it's an amazing car. However, I've test driven a fit for the hell of it and it was nice too. I just prefer the look of the Civic over that of the Fit.

Quick Reply: Fit Ranked Better Than Civic