General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Found a jackpot!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 AM
HCF Member
Default Found a jackpot!

So I found a junk civic at a local junk yard with everything I've been looking for. It has all black interior in great shape. With that here is my question

I've been debating whether to take the black dash or paint mine. The junk civic had the airbag deployed but they say they'll replace that. Should I just paint mine or replace?

Also how difficult would it be to convert manual window door panels to power windows? I'd need to cut out a lock spot and hide the window crank hole but would the control piece fit on the manual door's armrest?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

How much are they asking for the black dash and stuff?
The only thing i've painted black (interior wise) has been my pillars, but who knows how long they will last. if they arent asking too much for the dash, and you want yours black i would probably go with the oem black.

It would suck if 2 weeks later after painting your dash black it started fading or peeling lol. would look worst than what it was.

And to convert to power locks/windows, i think you need the whole wire harness swapped over. you might wanna look into it before you decide to get it..

Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 PM
HCF Member

They are asking 120 for the dash, and I have power windows in my car so the wiring is all there, but the door panels are off a manual window crank civic.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
HCF Member

when i looked into it i was going to need a new door panel (power door) for my 97 civic coupe, and all the wires and harness redone, if i wanted to convert to power windows, but power windows suck anyway.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

I'd be doing the opposite, puttin the power windows on a door panel that wAsnt designed for automatic windows