General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

FWD RWD Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Oooh I get it, you guys are just grilling me because I'm a newbie right? Haha I get it.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:55 PM

No, we're grilling you because you don't know what you are talking about.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:10 PM

Oh, well, that was blunt

Old 01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

We are blunt because you are an obvious troll. I've seen all your other posts. I don't know why you have not been banned yet. Your name alone should have you banned.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:33 PM

All 9 of them? You have it in for me huh? What have I done? I'm just trying to get established on here. I would like to buy a Civic soon, I thought this place would be the right place to come? I typed in Civic forum and this is what came up? I don't know much about cars, I apologise for my ignorance. I specialize in boats, if you were to join one of the boat forums I contribute to I wouldn't treat you in the same mannor that you have greeted me. Sorry to go off topic OP.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

As for RWD being "Crap" in snow, well i have to admit, there IS a noticeable difference, im just saying because everyone has said its the driver, Granted thats almost 100% of it, but there IS a difference, but its kinda like everything right, As for Understeer in FWD cars... heh... yea.... you get used to that XD

The thing is... asking which is better... in all reality is like asking how long a peice of string is... Each has its "Pro's" and "Cons" its more so based off of the individual when you get down to it. Am i right?

Old 01-10-2010, 08:58 PM
HCF Member

The reason you are being treated this way is on multiple levels. You came on here with the name ' well hung johnny', you chose an obviously tasteless avatar to start with, and you are calling a civic a down grade. In the 'This is how Vtec works' thread you respond with ''WTF is VTEC and should I get it for my car that I might buy? I need the Civic to be more of an off road/snow tackling car, will VTEC help? '' The video just told you what vtec is. And I refuse to believe that a person that specializes in boats would be unable to understand the concept. Pure common sense will tell you that, NO - Vtec won't hell you in off road situations. Common sense will also tell you that a Honda Civic would not be good off road. You would want a vehicle just like what you have for these situations.

Everything you have said and done so far has been interpreted by a few of us as a troll. Someone joining a forum, acting dumb to make fun of others. In this case, make fun of Hondas and Honda drivers.

Now, if I do find that we were wrong in this, I will personally apologize. But, until that day comes, expect me to very hesitant of anything you post.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

Largen, It comes down to the individual. Everyone drives different, and everyone had their own preference. I love them all, 4wd, awd, fwd, rwd. Some of my friends hate FWD, some hate RWD. You just need to hop in a car and give it a shot, see what you like.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 PM

Interesting...

Old 01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Super Cereal Admin

The only reason I haven't banned you yet is I'm slightly amused by your posts. However, you're pretty much screwed if another staff member decides you are, in fact, a troll.

By the way, posting useless and/or one-word posts is against the rules

And yes, RWD is harder to drive in the snow than FWD; but a decent driver shouldn't have any problems with it, provided they use a little common sense. Above all else, RWD is 10x more fun than FWD in the snow

Quick Reply: FWD RWD Help