HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   grandams (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/grandams-52687/)

Marty 09-27-2007 06:08 PM

RE: grandams

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

Your one of the many tards in this world that think of themselves so much better than everyone else. Dont go on a honda forum if you are going to bash hondas. the si and gt are besically the same. Yes other cars beat other cars. Even when it has the v6 advantage, get over it. Stop acting like a 17 year old teenager that thinks his trans am is hot sh*t. And what are you sitting on this page right now refreshing to see when something else will come up so you can type another novel? Get over it, people have different decisions. Ohhh high 12s watch out. There was a yellow civic that pulled a 9 somethin in the mile. Yea he blew his engine but thats not the point, it was a 4 cylinder. The point is any car can go as fast as it wants with mods to it. Just because your vette is faster stock and is a V8 who cares. It costs twice as much as any civic, Im hoping you would get better out of it. When you get a z06 and slap a supercharger on it ill have nothing to say. Your car is a completely different level and stage than any honda, and your comparing it, dont quit your day job. "BTW" my father has a C6 with aftermarket headers and X-Pipe, big deal, itsa V8 car, civic is a 4 cylinder, dont be retarded
Just like this had something to do with a grand am vs a civic. And once again I am not the one who brought up my vette to throw it in anyones face. Also for the record I am not in my 30's. See this is what I am talking about. You and your baseless facts. I was not comparing it to your car and the fact is I went to honda to buy a new SI, was driving home because they had to get one in and seen my car for $4000 less than the civic. I bought my car because it is a nice car, is fast enough for me, and it has a great resale value along with getting good gas milage. I stated nothing but facts in this thread and I am not bashing civic's but the truth is the truth and that is a majority of civic fans are blinded by the loyalty to their car. Once again nothing wrong with being loyal, I like civic's for what they are and what they can be.

**** it though, your a waste of time.

KoshaK 09-27-2007 06:09 PM

Funner? lol. Do you mean, more fun?

ryank327 09-27-2007 06:16 PM

Please, lock this thread as it's officially lost any value as we have been degraded from a debate on cars to a merebashing.

Immature people FTL

brokenarmboy19 09-27-2007 06:17 PM

marty i must say i'm with you and koshak watch the personal attacks

cyberx32 09-27-2007 06:52 PM

lol newbs trying to act like they know everything.
Marty keep on stating the facts, dont let people keep on daydreaming.

reaper2022 09-28-2007 12:35 PM

Okay...

Marty: member for several years, very knowledgable, very helpful; states facts regardless of whose feelings get hurt

Koshak: member for a little over two months, jacks thread(s), states opinions on cars, brings others' cars into debate, seems to enjoy launching personal attacks

I wonder whose side I'm on ;)

And like others are saying, neither car is performance-oriented. At the end of the day, both cars are just grocery getters. Have I seen some sick civics that could possibly put some high-class cars (ie, vettes, vipers, etc.) to shame? Absolutely. Have I seen some equally sick GA's? You betcha, champ. But they're still grocery getters.... just really, really fast grocery getters.

mybrokenblinker 09-28-2007 01:11 PM

Here's what I don't understand...Marty never once attacked Koshak and all of a sudden, Koshak is up on Marty. WTF happened? I don't even see what got Koshak all angry in the first place...and even through the debate Marty kept on saying "I'm just trying to help, not comparing you si to anything." and bam! Koshak comes back every time saying "DONT COMPARE YOUR V8 to my 4!" I really don't get it...

rick10 09-28-2007 01:16 PM

what the hell happened here??... I m not trying to say that grand ams are better than civics or viceversa. I was just comparing them because the price range is similar.

I've look on the internet and it seems that over the years grand ams loose their price value much more than civics.
The mods are a lot easier to find for civics, the civic communty is so much bigger than the grand am community ( yes there is one!).

end of thread ;)

koots 09-29-2007 03:54 AM

I guess some people just can't handle the truth :D

Marty 09-29-2007 09:51 AM

I dont want anyone to jump on dudes back or anything but I dont care to much for people to assume anything about me. This is why I took the car out of my sig. Everyone assumes I have to be some middle aged honda hater with it there which is not true. I'm 25, have owned more civic's than most on this forum, was making civic's fast back before it was cool, I was turboing civic's before you could just jump on line and order a manifold and model specific piping. Hell back in 96 I boosted a b18b swapped hatch(which I hand made the mounts for the swap) with 90% of a turbo setup from a 2nd gen eclipse(yes I even used the 4g63 manifold by drilling the manifold bolt holes out) But now 11 years later I get looked down apon because I am not bias in making remarks about any car and because I am doing well for myself and bought a decent car. I dont get it.

Type RB 09-30-2007 09:13 AM

It's jealousy Man - plain and simple. You have what others want, so they hate you for it. That's a whole lot easier than being honest with themselves because they didn't make the right choices for them to be where you're at. There's a fine line between 'envy,' and 'jealously.' Envy carries an air of respect with it. Once the respect is lost, then it just gets ugly from there.

It's all about maturity - and it seems like you're a lot further down the road than they are. Good on ya, and hang in there.

Fiirkan 09-30-2007 09:43 AM

I'm gonna do everyone a favor and do this before it ends up in a ban:eek:[sm=lockeddance.gif]