General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

H.i.d. ???

Old 05-18-2010, 10:35 PM
HCF Member

well aftermarket HID kits are illegal in headlights not intended for HID's. I personally like them but less than 6000K anything about that is too blue and looks a bit ricey. the thing with having HID's in halogen headlights are the glare. Other drivers would get blinded by the light. Lowering it would help a bit with that problem. I got 4500K from DDM Tuning.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Old 05-19-2010, 04:17 AM
Super Cereal Admin

To add to that, since the reflectors inside the headlight are not designed for HIDs, not only will they create a lot of unwanted glare, they'll also scatter the light pretty much everywhere except where you need it. It tricks you into thinking the light output is better, but I have yet to encounter a nighttime driving situation where I needed to see the tops of the trees along the road. Too much foreground lighting is also not great, since you don't need to see 5' in front of you, you need to see 20'+ in front of you at the closest.

Basically, retrofit OEM HID projectors into your housings or keep the halogens.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:56 PM
HCF Member

I have had 2 sets....nothing but a headache.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
To add to that, since the reflectors inside the headlight are not designed for HIDs, not only will they create a lot of unwanted glare, they'll also scatter the light pretty much everywhere except where you need it. It tricks you into thinking the light output is better, but I have yet to encounter a nighttime driving situation where I needed to see the tops of the trees along the road. Too much foreground lighting is also not great, since you don't need to see 5' in front of you, you need to see 20'+ in front of you at the closest.

Basically, retrofit OEM HID projectors into your housings or keep the halogens.
X2million

Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Oh, I forgot to say... I had a set and it sucks. Plug N' Play kits are garbage.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

Ill show you garbage!

I may or may not get a kit for my EF, the way I see it is my car is so tiny every single normal sized car already shines thier lights straight into my face, so I will do same

Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
I may or may not get a kit for my EF, the way I see it is my car is so tiny every single normal sized car already shines thier lights straight into my face, so I will do same
Oh, that's a great idea! So instead of having one person driving towards another person that can't see, we're going to have two people driving towards each other that can't see! I don't see how anything bad could happen in that situation.

Search this Thread