General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Have you ever...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Have you ever...

Damn if I didn't stall out agai today. I was watching a girl walk by at a red light and my mind was not on driving. So when I went to start off "BOOM". Stall. Me looking like I dont know how to drive. I hate girls. LOL

Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
HCF Member

I stalled many times when i barely started driving stick. But what was funny was that i drove an automatic after driving the stick shift, and not once but twice i stomped on the brake thinking it was the clutch lol.......funny funny day

Old 08-16-2007, 12:56 AM

I bought my 5 speed brand new and drove it out of the showroom. Until then, I had almost never driven a standard, so I did the wave on my way out of the showroom, and promptly stalled it in the middle of the lot. Not my proudest moment.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: windcalmer

ORIGINAL: ksull
stalling in the wendys drive through
OMG I did that two days ago. I had just payed at the first window and moved up to the second window. I thought I had taken it out of gear adn the girl was about to hand me my Huge tub-o-rootbeer and I let off the clutch. Damn near spilled the whole thing on my lap. LOL

Haha, must be something about wendy's. I did that after only driving my truck (manual) for like a month maybe. I haven't killed it for over 6 months though yay me lol

Old 08-16-2007, 06:28 AM
HCF Member

i was in an underground parking structure, and i started it up and i thought i was in neutral for some reason, then i let it out real fast cuz i thought i wasn't in gear. man i almost hit the wall in front of me my car bogged so bad lol

Old 08-16-2007, 07:46 AM
HCF Member

when i first got my current car..i had to drive from tampa down and across over to where i lived on the east coast of florida. previously i only had two cars and both were autos. after being on the highway for a few hours, i come up to a toll booth and completely forgot about the whole stalling bit...haha stalled right out in front of the person in the booth since i just stopped it like an auto.[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 08-16-2007, 08:00 AM

i've stalled about 10 times in total with my car...as i learnt to drive standard with this car. i had only learnt a bit with my father's new mustang(SUPER long and touchy clutch) a weeks prior to picking up my car. the wworst time i stalled my car was back in october 06, i was at the mcdonalsd's drive thru. and as my key lock i broken, i can take my key out of the ignition anytime, so i was about to leave for a 200mile trip so i took out the key, i stalled in the mcdonald's drive thru. but when u stall everyone starts up their car asap hoping noone seen them. i had to look for my keys to restart my car. so every one knew i stalled and there was a big line up behind me. s'all good...

Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

I just did that the other day, pisses me off so much. But it was just in my driveway so its not like there so at least i didn't look like an idiot on front of anyone that would suck [:@]

Old 08-16-2007, 09:31 AM

wow..i've stalled prob 20 times since i got my car in the past 2 weeks. it's nothing to be ashamed of..or maybe it is. haha...it's really embarassing esp when u stall at an intersection cuz u let off the cluth too fast hoping u won't stall. but it's just a part of learning. i actually stalled in my driveway too..thinking the car was in neutral i braked to park and then BOOM...stall. lucky me. but i LOVE driving standard now.[:'(]

Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

Well I got a pretty bad one... a long time ago I just installed a new engine in my VW and was revving it up like you always do when you put a new engine in your car, the only thing is... is that i did not know it was in gear because you have to push the clutch in to start it, and I never leave it in gear when I park (my friend who parked the car in the shop does) so I slide my foot to the left off the pedal at about 5000 rpm... needless to say the launched forward! VW engnies have a crap load of torque, so I do mean it literally, it left tire marks on the concrete... I felt bad for my friend who was in front of the car (not too close) he practically **** his pants! lol i think that was my worst stall ever... lol

Quick Reply: Have you ever...