General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Having an excellent Civic to sell 7-10 years from now

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:55 PM
HCF Member
Default Having an excellent Civic to sell 7-10 years from now

Hey there,

I've been doing a lot of reading and being on this forum has really helped learn alot about cars and the Civic in general. Today, as I was detailing the holy hell out of my EM2, I was trying to think about other things I could do to have an AMAZINGLY well-kept Civic to sell when the time comes of course.As far as now, the paint is in GREAT condition, and I do full synthetic oil changes myself every 10,000 miles (is that not often enough)? I only put Mobil 87 for gas, and I keep the inside pretty damn clean.

If there's anything you guys can think of, please let me know.

P.S. I did use the search function, but I was looking for a more specific answer.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Having an excellent Civic to sell 7-10 years from now

Get a bra? That'll keep your hood fresh.

Did you check your manual to see how often it says to change your oil? 10k seems a little long.

Also, keep up with the maintenance chart in your manual. There should be a spot for you to check off what you get done at the certain times.

Also, You should keep a file of receipts for everything you have done to the car. If you plan to resell it, that's the kind of stuff people like to see.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

The 10,000 thing is because I use synthetic oil and not regular. My mechanic said it's kind of overkill to use that stuff because that's what they put in cars like Audis, BMW, Mercedez, etc. I have most of the receipts.

As far as the bra, I can't tell you how gay those things look. I'd much rather have it resurfaced, then keep it up by claying and what not.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: johnb

The 10,000 thing is because I use synthetic oil and not regular. My mechanic said it's kind of overkill to use that stuff because that's what they put in cars like Audis, BMW, Mercedez, etc. I have most of the receipts.

As far as the bra, I can't tell you how gay those things look. I'd much rather have it resurfaced, then keep it up by claying and what not.

Haha, bra was just a suggestion, I didn't know if you were doing mods or anything... then I saw your signature. You can always get one of those clear bras.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

Pass...lol thanks for the help though bro.

Anyone know anything about the oil changing question? I've had someone tell me that it's going to build up sludge, doesn't matter what kind of oil, and I've had some people tell me that's overkill for a Honda and it doesn't need synthetic. Help please!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:56 AM
HCF Member

Keep receipts and don't let idiots and/or smokers in your car. Park your car in the garage, keep good insurance, install a decent alarm,and try not to let it get hit.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

Well most of use put mobil 1 5 30W in are civic's, and you should be chaning your oil every 7,000 max i do my oil very 3,000

Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Amsoil produces synthetic oil and filters designed to last 25,000 miles. It's good stuff....although I will admit that I dump the oil and change the filter every 15,000 miles, with a tire rotation at half that distance.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya 2 things i ALWAYS RECOMEND is keep ALL receites and for oil receites also right down the milage changed on them....

also DONT LET ANYONE SMOKE IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!

they burns holes all over your interior..... seats.... headliner.... window tint...... door panels..... PLUS the complete DIRTY smoke covering EVERYTHING inside the car!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Don't drive it.Have the stealer do all the required maintenance.Change your oil and filter between 5K-7K if you are using a synthetic off the shelf from vatozone. Put on a set of seat covers to preserve what you have. Put the original mats in your closet and put in some generics from wallyworld. Keep the original radio and speakers for when it comes time to sell. Don't paint anything! Don't add any mods that cannot be undone for selling w/o it being noticed.Put the original shifter back on. Keep original wheels/rims in storage for when its time to sell.

Quick Reply: Having an excellent Civic to sell 7-10 years from now