General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

header or aem v2?

Old 02-18-2007, 02:47 AM
HCF Member
Default header or aem v2?

I can't decide on what to do next on my car (98 civic ex). I was planning on upgrading my aem short ram intake to a v2, but now I'm thinking of getting a dc sports header or something now. I've got a magnaflow catback, and that short ram so a header would complete the formula, you know. I'm figureing that the v2 over the short ram I got now would only change the sound and maybe like 1-2hp gain if any, but I don't really know. If any of you guys upgraded a short ram to a v2 and noticed a big difference I would like to know. Also what would be a nice header for 300 bucks for my civic if thats the direction I should go, thanks.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: header or aem v2?

yea go with the header, you already got the intake...well some good headers include, commptech, dc, apexi, greddy...the list goes on....then decide if you want ceramic, or stainless steel...i prefer ss

Old 02-20-2007, 12:08 PM

get a header...ceramic disperses heat better but if you want that nice polished look ss is good too...get a two peice header so if you want to you can get a race b pipe for track days

Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

also remember that if you switch to a true cold air, you run a higher risk of getting water in your intake. get a header. IMO

Old 02-20-2007, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

also remember that if you switch to a true cold air, you run a higher risk of getting water in your intake.
the ONLY way you get hydrolock is if the filter is COMPLTELY SUBMERGED in water. True you may chug and sputter, but the only way to damage your engine perminately is having the filter all the way under water.

But yeah, header is the way to go. Your exhaust is only as good as your most restrictive component, and since the header is first, you need to open that thing up

Old 02-20-2007, 05:44 PM

if you are not fimiliar with that occurance (it can benerve racking)and ifyou perform incorrectly as it occurs you could suck up enough water to hydrolock ur car...

Old 02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

I've driven through horrible rain storms with no issues at all with my V2, but, since he already has an intake, i'd say header first. If it was just starting out i'd go with V2

Old 02-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Eun

go for header.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

I've driven through horrible rain storms with no issues at all with my V2, but, since he already has an intake, i'd say header first. If it was just starting out i'd go with V2
As would i and i did with my integra but when i drove from cali to langley,canada i had alot of problems sucking up water...even stalled out going up hill....car was a trooper thoand with some careful throttle controll it made it...but it was a pain...had to replace the headgasket when i got there...it does seem however im the only person on this sight who has experienced this...lol not cool

Old 02-22-2007, 11:37 AM

skip the v2, header all the way

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: header or aem v2?