General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Help please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 01:08 AM
Default Help please help.

Hi guys new to this Honda form and cars.
I need a little help.
96 civic cx. Car overheated so I changed thermostat . Then it threw codes for plugs and wires. So I replaced them. And then I found a cracked manifold. Replaced the cat and manifold. Now its smoking white and it shuts off with overheating. I'm so confused and stressed. Please help

Old 04-06-2019, 05:44 PM

Did the new problem of overheating and smoking happen immediately after installing the new parts? White smoke out of the tailpipe or from the engine bay?

Was the cooling system bled after installing the thermostat? Are you sure that the thermostat was installed correctly?

What type of thermostat did you buy? OEM?

Old 04-07-2019, 01:43 AM

The heating was before. After the install of thermostat (installed correctly) was bleed. The smoke came from the broken manifold. I installed it and a new cat. I also installed new wires and plugs.

After everything installed. Car dies. Has problems starting up. When started up temp raised and then drops. Over heats and I have to shut it off.

QUOTE=cvcrcr99;798319]Did the new problem of overheating and smoking happen immediately after installing the new parts? White smoke out of the tailpipe or from the engine bay?

Was the cooling system bled after installing the thermostat? Are you sure that the thermostat was installed correctly?

What type of thermostat did you buy? OEM?[/QUOTE]