General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

HID question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 PM
HCF Member
Default HID question.

I've been looking at getting an HID kit for the civic. I found the set I want and what not. Problem I'm finding is aiming the new light. I'm guessing I need to get a set of Projectors?

Reason I ask - My buddy has a 91 hatch. We installed a set of HIDs in his ride. And it is the PITS to drive in front of him at night. Its darn near blinding.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:09 AM
HCF Member

Boo to projectors, thats whats stopping me from going hid too, I dont wanna be the *** hat blinding everybody, but I don't wanna be the clown with projectors

:|

Name:  serioussmiley-1.png
Views: 24
Size:  14.7 KB

Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Boo to projectors, thats whats stopping me from going hid too, I dont wanna be the *** hat blinding everybody, but I don't wanna be the clown with projectors
+1... same here

Old 03-28-2010, 06:31 AM
March 2010 ROTM

^ I know a guy with HIDs in his EK headlights and they are aimed very well...not all scattered and such.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:36 AM
HCF Member

arent there screw things in back of the headlights like the ej's and ek's to aim the headlights.

and thats whats preventing me from going hid's as well. i do have a civic friend that has them aimed pretty good, not blinding at all

Old 03-28-2010, 09:18 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, there are screws to aim the headlights. But the HIDs put light out in all directions. I personally aimed my buddies lights. They are aimed correctly. They are just too damn bright. Huge strain on the eyes.
I guess I'm going to buy a set of headlights this summer, and try to do some kinda retrofit. The hardway ftw.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Super Cereal Admin

HIDs do not belong in reflector housing headlights unless the headlight was designed specifically for HIDs. Period.

Punisher, I was actually going to suggest a retrofit. Then you can have your HID projectors and make it almost as clean as the stock headlights.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:07 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, I know they don't belong in reflector housing. Its horrible! And all of the projector kits I have found are rice looking with the halo ring. I don't need all of that crap. lol.
Any hints on a retrofit? Before I gotta do it the hard way?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Haha... you mean there's an easy way to retrofit HID projectors into anything?

Seriously, I haven't done a true retrofit yet, so I really can't give you any advice. When I retrofit "true" HID projectors into the mustang, I plan on pretty much using the headlight lens and cutting everything to pieces and pretty much making my own headlights, but I plan on doing dual projectors, so it's going to be the easiest way for me. I'd say make a few measurements, figure out how big of a projector you can fit, and then do some research to figure out what projector is close to the size you want and go from there.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 AM
HCF Member

Ha, I never claimed they were easy to do. Its just a bit easier when there is a DIY or whatever to look at and tell you what to do. Much harder to figure it out for yourself and simply hope it works. =P

Quick Reply: HID question.