General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

honda civic quarter panel rust

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Default honda civic quarter panel rust

Hello I know some of you live in a salt belt state and I was wondering what to do about the small rust holes where the rear bumper and quarter panel meet just behind the rear tires........is this fixable or will it cost a lot?.........parts of the wheel well have holes too?.........I asked the dealer for repair panels for this and he said none are available. Now I know the honda civic is the most messed with , modded, revamped, hyped up, turboed, nitrioused, totally redone, car on this planet...so I would think there is a reasonable fix for this.......any suggestions would be greatley appreciated........if I have to go out and buy a small mig and do it myself(...how I dont know) well so be it.......I love this car

Old 04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: honda civic quarter panel rust

Sadly all civic suffer from that. You just have to sand all the rust off and hope that it doesnt keep on going

Old 04-13-2007, 02:28 AM
HCF Member

the EX's are supposed to be better at not getting rust in those spots. So I've heard, mine doesn't (knock on wood). It might not look pretty but if you paint over it, it will help stop it from spreading. sand it first if you do, and fill it with putty....think thats the term for it.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

BONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

if all else fails, hit the junk yard and buy a new quarter panel. then have a body shop put it on a paint it to match the car.

gotta love these civics...

Old 04-13-2007, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

for anyone living up north in the salt states of winter and having a newer vehicle, i suggest getting your car RustProofed every fall before winter.

I do it on my 2000 ex coupe, up here in NY, they use massive amounts of salt on the roads, even though i did not drive it in the winter, i had it rustproofed just incase i had to take it out.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 AM

ok......."hit the junk yard and buy a new quarter panel...........ok missed something here.....do they sell NEW quarterpanels or as in have them cut off the crap you need and weld it in......"I live in ohio salt state" so if I did that I would have to order that from an out of state junk yard