General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda Civic Si Mugen

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Default Honda Civic Si Mugen

Does anyone know much about the Honda Civic Si Mugen? Honda's official website says that they will sell 1,000 of them in 2008. That they will cost under $30K. When Ibought my Si I mentioned the Mugen and the sales people had never heard of it.

A couple of questions come to mind...

1) Can one now have a Civic Si upgraded to a Mugen Si by Honda with aftermarket Mugen parts... and still be covered by warranty? Honda is, after all, covering the Mugen's they sell with their standard warranty... and they must stock parts.

2) No mention by Honda of what, if anything, has been done to the engine in a Mugen Si. I have read elsewhere that the output is increased to somewhere between 200 and 250 hp, but I take upper range that with a grain of salt. Most of thechanges that Honda mentions on the official web site are cosmetic or suspension related. Any idea what the output of a Mugen Si is?

Thanksfor your insights.

Mike P.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Default RE: Honda Civic Si Mugen

Mugen is the Honda tuning company in Japan. They tune Hondas and sell special sprots tuned versions of thier cars and whatnot. I think the 2008 Si is the first Honda that's gonna be released with a Mugen tuned version in America.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM

some of the best tuned cars for sure.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:50 PM

The only performance additions that have been reported are an exhaust and a drop, most of the additions are purely cosmetic.

You might want to check out www.vtec.net for more info, I would go over there and search for you for specific information (I haven't looked it up in a while, it might be updated) but I'm just plain tired at the moment. I stayed up all night studying for my mid-term and now it's taking a toll.

Good luck.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:28 AM

WE JUST GOT A HONDA CIVIC MUGEN IN AT OUR DEALERSHIP. MY NAME IS TRAVIS SANTA CRUZ AND MY CELL IS 504-228-4017 ITS BLUE IN COLOR AND THEY ONLY HAVE MADE 1000 OF THEM WE HAVE ONE SO IF SOMEONE WANNA BUY IT CALL ME.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:38 AM
HCF Member

this thread makes me want to punch babies.

But yes, no engine modifications to the mugen. Suspension and exterior mostly.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Stinky Administrator

1. no and the only way you can get mugen parts at the dealer is to own one

2. no the only thing done performance wise is exhaust

Co-developed by Honda and Mugen, the Civic Mugen Si Sedan sports a Twin-Ring Motegi track-tuned suspension, aerodynamic body styling and a performance exhaust system.

The suspension lowers the vehicle by 15 mm with highly aggressive spring and damper tuning for enhanced handling performance. The full-vehicle aero-package adds a front spoiler and sports grille, side spoilers, a rear diffuser and an adjustable rear wing. The lightweight, Mugen –forged aluminum wheels measure 18 x 7.5 inches and include high-performance 215/40R18 rubber.

Honda plans to produce a limited release of 1,000 Civic Si Mugen models. Reserve yours today: $29,500*. Honda lovers, rev your engines and get highway ready, because Honda has set the Mugen free.

Exclusive Standard Features [ul][*]Twin-Ring Motegi track-tuned suspension[*]Aerodynamic body styling[*]"Cat-back" sports exhaust system[*]Highly aggressive spring and damper tuning[*]Mugen –forged aluminum wheels measure 18 x 7.5 inches[*]High-grip summer tires (215/40R18)[*]Front spoiler and sports grille[*]Side spoilers[*]Rear diffuser[*]Adjustable rear wing[/ul]

Old 12-10-2007, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

i think the owner of Mugen is the son of the owner of Honda, who has now passed away, so they're obviously related.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Zal

I could do a lot with my SI and 10k, the Mugen is a bit pricey for what it is. Ahhh marketing...

Old 12-14-2007, 04:43 AM

we have a mugen at work, but personally i would rather have the cr, s2000 cr.

the mugen has the same damn interior setup as an si sedan, including seats, only difference red stictched boot, a mugen badge and shift ****, the wing sets the car off and the front lip is just nasty.

and its true the only way to get mugen parts for the 08 is only if you have one. Personally its over priced to have same interior and motor as a regular si sedan. Shouldve put in a k20 r

Quick Reply: Honda Civic Si Mugen