General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How accurate is the clock in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Default How accurate is the clock in your car?

I used to own a 1993 Acura Integra until I bought my 2006 Civic Coupe EX this year. The clock in that Integra was so accurate that I never had to adjust the minute during a whole year. I only had to adjust the hour for when day light saving time began and ended.

However, I noticed that Honda clocks are not very accurate. It seems the clock in my '06 Civic is about 1 minute ahead every month. The clock in my wife's '03 Pilot is about 1 minute late every month. She's annoyed by the inaccurate clock because she likes to be on time to her job. If the clock has to be a little inaccurate, she'd rather have a faster clock like the one in the Civic.

I think in this modern age, all new clocks should be as accurate as or better than the one I had in my old Integra. Don't you agree?

Have any of you noticed differences in clock speed between different makes and models?

Old 11-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: How accurate is the clock in your car?

just get a wrist watch or something or use your cell phone. thats what i do because i have a tach in the way of the clock

Old 11-19-2006, 03:10 AM

Thanks for the obvious advice, but I was trying to see if other people noticed the same things that I did. Also, I wanted to see what others expected from their clocks and how they felt about inaccurate clocks.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:42 AM

I haven't noticed it. I listen to the news on npr and my clock is always in sync when it hits 7:00am (certain traffic lights, too).
I also did a check on the speedo shortly after I got the car, did 60 in cruise and used the stopwatch on my cell. right on.

A year from now? we shall see.

Next question, is it the nav screen computer? My wife took notice of the nav on her father's Acura RL. I pointed out that it was a (expensive) option on the Civic, yet very cool. But I highly doubt that would be an issue.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:51 AM

Great question. I have the same problem. My coffee maker keeps better time. Mine is about 2 minutes fast a month. No, its not hard to change, but I shouldn't have to.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:30 AM
HCF Member

I was a bit surprised to see mine run about 1 minute fast per month. I have to admit I am a stickler for accurate time.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

I think the clock in my civic is really accurate. I really wished i could set my civic time into 24 hour format. I hate using the 12 hour format.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

o my god an entire minute every month so maybe in 3 years u might be half an hour late for something man u got serious problems

Old 09-04-2007, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

hahah +1 who cares.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM
HCF Member

my clock it right, and everyone else's is running fast or slow

Quick Reply: How accurate is the clock in your car?