HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   how much do you pay to fill up? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/how-much-do-you-pay-fill-up-43657/)

ESCivicY8 05-04-2007 04:37 PM

how much do you pay to fill up?

last night i went out with about 1/4 of gas left. I went to go and chill at my homie house and we had a couple of drinks....not too much or ill crash. anyways i saw that my empty gas light came on and so i stopped by a shell gas station around my house. i used regular 87 at 2.96/gallon.( its really not 2.96 a gallon but more like 2.96 for 9/10 of a gallon<dats gat). with $25.00 my tank filled all the way up and i drove to work today and my gas still reads full tank. MY CIVIC IS DA BEST! last time i put gas in my car was last saturday. talk about saving money.....

ryank327 05-04-2007 04:38 PM

RE: how much do you pay to fill up?

For a complete Fillup it costs me about $37 now Premium Gas For the Lose

ef4life 05-04-2007 08:15 PM

hahaha 20 gallons at 3.10 = 62 bucks a week. and only 9 miles to the gallon. that all equals out to about 34 cents a mile. this is my dd

now my oldcivic. 10 gallons at 3.10 = 31.00 and 35 mpg. this equals out to about 8 cents a mile

reaper2022 05-04-2007 08:18 PM

I'd say to fill it up completely, it'd take about $25, but I'm not sure... I usually fill up the tank at around 1/8 to 1/4 tank.

FlipHKD720 05-04-2007 08:23 PM

haha i dont know, its $5 wehnever i need it, i'm RARELY above a half tank [&:]i hate being poor :(lol

mustangphil302 05-04-2007 10:18 PM

I just filled up for $36.50 for 10 gals of Vpower at Shell, 40mpg on regular

phan10m 05-05-2007 01:10 AM

on E its about 22 bucks for a full tank

tha_next_Kobe 05-05-2007 02:01 AM

man you guys got it cheap down there...it's costing me around $47 to fill my baby up when it's on E in Canada...our gas prices are 1.26 per litre right now! absurd...around 4 litres in a gallon...a little less i think it's like 3.8 or something but we're paying over $4 per gallon...sucks...you gotta drive though so it's gotta be paid, great gas mileage though with the civic, it's a lot nicer than an SUV! lol

danomatic93 05-05-2007 02:06 AM

It's $3.09 in Madison, WI right now[:@]

that guy 05-05-2007 02:27 AM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

haha i dont know, its $5 wehnever i need it, i'm RARELY above a half tank [&:]i hate being poor :(lol
so so true...

I think of it as added weight reduction to make myself feel better about it.

Lost 05-05-2007 02:25 PM

about $35 canadian bucks to fill

rice99ex 05-06-2007 02:03 AM

$35 for full tank of 93 octane fuel at $3.27/gallon, I was on E. a little more than 10 gallons

TheMoogly 05-06-2007 03:52 AM

Gas in Idaho is 3.09 so I pay about 35 to completely fill up... I only fill up once every two weeks and we walk everywhere or rollerblade on campus, cheaper.

jessika 05-06-2007 05:49 AM

filled up yesterday (was at 1 line before the red zone) and it was $40. Gas here in montreal is really high!!!

Fiirkan 05-06-2007 08:56 AM

$35-$40 CAD for a fill from empty(depending on how long i push it. most i ever had to pay was $44 but that was when gas was $1.29 a liter

WhiteRabbit1021 05-06-2007 10:02 AM

haha i dont know, its $5 wehnever i need it, i'm RARELY above a half tank [&:] i hate being poor :( lol
I think that's supposed to be bad for your car...

Gas here is around 3 dollars, it came out of nowhere. I'm spending almost 30 bucks to fill up now. In the good ol' days it was rare for me to spend over 20.

reaper2022 05-06-2007 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021
I think that's supposed to be bad for your car...
It's not really bad for your car. What you're thinking of is probably the whole thing about having at least a half-tank of gas to avoid condensation tomaintain better gas mileage. If you have less than a half a tank, there's more room on the inside of your tankfor condensation to form when the temperature changes. Obviously, with condensation comes water, and watered-down gas gets worse fuel economy than gas without excess water.

98civkmik 05-06-2007 11:40 PM

cost me around 35- 36.00. Here in Oregon is one of the nations highest, at around 3.40 a gallon right now. Just rediculus. Everyone's heard about the national no buy gas day right?

that guy 05-06-2007 11:43 PM

For those of you who have not:

>> NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
>> Body: Don't pump gas on may 15th
>> Body: ...in April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted
>>nationwide in protest of gas prices.Gasoline prices dropped 30
>>cents a gallon overnight.
>>
>> On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas
>>station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a
>>gallon in most places.
>>
>> There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
>>network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill
>>up.
>>
>> If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
>> $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil
>>companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas
>>station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle
>>Eastern oil industry for at least one day.
>>
>> If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) resend this to
>>all your contact list. With it saying, 'Don't pump gas on May
>>15th"

tdci29 05-07-2007 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: 98civkmik

cost me around 35- 36.00. Here in Oregon is one of the nations highest, at around 3.40 a gallon right now. Just rediculus. Everyone's heard about the national no buy gas day right?
If i go to a no name gas staion, it's about 3.30. If I go to a known gas station it's about 3.55, so I think i beat you on the high price range... Which is not a good thing to start with, sigh....[&o]

About $35. Maybe a bit more

khmer25 05-07-2007 02:58 AM

ORIGINAL: tha_next_Kobe

man you guys got it cheap down there...it's costing me around $47 to fill my baby up when it's on E in Canada...our gas prices are 1.26 per litre right now! absurd...around 4 litres in a gallon...a little less i think it's like 3.8 or something but we're paying over $4 per gallon...sucks...you gotta drive though so it's gotta be paid, great gas mileage though with the civic, it's a lot nicer than an SUV! lol
maybe the canadians should koin the war for the oil too huh? lol j/k. my 93 civic coupe take in bout 35 bucks at around 3.60 for premium.Killa Cali

ninety7_civic 05-07-2007 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: that guy

I think of it as added weight reduction to make myself feel better about it.

LOL ... yeah that wat i like to think of it as well ... my friends always make fun of me but i think its funny becuase they drive mustangs,monte carlos,camaros

Kommando 05-08-2007 07:30 AM

Actually, it can be bad for your car, as many electric fuelpumps are designed to be cooled bythe fuel in the tank. I'd try to keep it above 1/4 tank most of the time.

Mad7s 05-08-2007 12:09 PM

If I go to a known gas station it's about 3.55, so I think i beat you on the high price range..
I got all you beat in the states with $3.69 a gallon for regular here in Humboldt County. And it gets better! When I visit my sister next week in the heart of San Francisco, I have $3.79 a gallon to look forward to.

As for the national gas out day, I don't think it's really going to work. While assuming everyone isn't going to buy gas for ONE day, what will this accomplish? If prices do drop as dramatically as 30 cents overnight, which I have no recollection of ever occurring in the late 90s, prices will begin to swell back up in the following days as the unprecedentedsurging demand comes back. Now, if some how some way we could all not buy gas for one month, that might make a long lasting difference, but that would entail a complete economic and infrastructure overhaul and darest I say it, people driving less. For now, I'm going to enjoy the European trend and the fact that I have a Civic. Goodbye Detroit.

mlobitz 05-08-2007 12:13 PM

I am at about $33 for the civic, that lasts a couple weeks. My truck on the other hand cost $60 - $70 and goes through a tank in a week (as a daily driver).

txedomask433 05-08-2007 02:21 PM

I'm so poor.[&o]What ever the price is I only put in $5. Damn...I drive a full two days with the warning light on if I'm just going to school and back. I figured that once the warning light comes on, I have about 35 miles before I run empty. Takes me a $25 to fill up.

Funny thing was for my birthday, I thoughtmy brother forgot my birthday anddidn't give me a gift . Then I drove off to school and I saw my fuel gaugea little past full and I was so happy !!!! Best gift ever. thanks bro.

JohnnyTEAMDSR 05-08-2007 03:45 PM

lol i feel your pain

wallgreens16 05-08-2007 05:56 PM

on dead empty costs me round 33-35 dollars in california...not too shaby. my truck cost me 90 a week to fill up now thats a huge difference.

97_ex 05-08-2007 08:55 PM

in january and febuary gas was $1.83 here, now it is $2.94 in places! it's costing me about $25 everytime i fill up!

YOU WON'T SEE ME AT ANY GAS STATIONS ON 5/15/07!
i'll be sure to fill up on the 14th! lol

sandrider123 05-08-2007 09:33 PM

Unfortuanately I am one of the unlucky SOB's in oregon I am paying about 36$ to fill up

thebumblebee 05-09-2007 05:23 AM

$20 in NC for 2.89/gal which lasts for 2 weeks.....my house is right inbetween work and school...15min each way and i go to work everyday...my cars really good on gas

that guy 05-09-2007 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

If I go to a known gas station it's about 3.55, so I think i beat you on the high price range..
I got all you beat in the states with $3.69 a gallon for regular here in Humboldt County. And it gets better! When I visit my sister next week in the heart of San Francisco, I have $3.79 a gallon to look forward to.

As for the national gas out day, I don't think it's really going to work. While assuming everyone isn't going to buy gas for ONE day, what will this accomplish? If prices do drop as dramatically as 30 cents overnight, which I have no recollection of ever occurring in the late 90s, prices will begin to swell back up in the following days as the unprecedentedsurging demand comes back. Now, if some how some way we could all not buy gas for one month, that might make a long lasting difference, but that would entail a complete economic and infrastructure overhaul and darest I say it, people driving less. For now, I'm going to enjoy the European trend and the fact that I have a Civic. Goodbye Detroit.
Every day, the gas companies have to assess their gas prices. If for some reason, the day before was a "low sale" day, the next day they lower gas prices enough to make people think "oh ****...it's cheap today, better fill up now". Gradually this process of lowering follows the trends of economic inflation that this country loves so much, and we end up with excessively high gas prices. Fluctuations in sales dictate the assessment of supply and demand. Thus, if a million people choose not to fill up on one day when they normally would, the gas companies take a hit to the tune of 1,000,000 people * a conservative average of $30 per sale (accounting for the $5-a-sale people to the $70-a-sale people inclusively in that average). That's thirty million dollars in lost sale. That's a lot, even for the gas companies. You've effectively ****ed their supply-demand ratio. They have too much supply and very little demand (even if it's only one day, think of how much gas is sold in one day in the US and how much that's worth...).

Now, if that population is inceased (say to 6 million people or even a billion), and we take into account the fact that the $30 per sale average is conservative, you can see that "sales-lost" number rocket to insane highs that would stagger even Bill Gates.

This was done some years ago, and gas prices plummeted an average of $.50 in almost every state.

*EDIT: ^overnight.

Flyboy 05-09-2007 08:28 AM

here in So. Calif. I just paid 3.39 and oh yea.......9/10.

When are going to get rid of that 9/10 of a cent crap?

Anyway I paid 32.00 for 9.4 gallons and still had about 5 squares on the gas guage left. Went 340 miles.

Fiasco 05-09-2007 08:31 AM

32 buxfor a tank of 91 in golden, CO

Mad7s 05-09-2007 08:54 AM

This was done some years ago, and gas prices plummeted an average of $.50 in almost every state.
Everyone keeps citing this incident "some years ago", but I have no recollection of it occurring. Can you point me to a valid source reporting this? And by valid, I'm excluding the group that's developed this No Fill Day plan. I'm not trying to call you out, but it seems that this line is being dropped as a rallying cry for people to join the cause.
Secondly, don't get me wrong, I'm going to do my best not to fill up that day and we'll see what happens, but I really don't see how this makes sense. It's May, we're not even in the peak months of gas and oil demand. I don't see how this will make a difference if demand slips a little bit one day only to continue to surge for the following months.

that guy 05-09-2007 11:42 AM

I'll look for a decent source. I'm really good at this kind of research...

While I look, think about how many gallons of gasoline are pumped in one day all across the United States. We have such an efficient means for supplying gas stations that it's hard to realize how much we actually move and consume every day. If there is a significant dent in that, and they have more product than they can handle having made ready to supply the expected amount to replace what is normally consumed, to deal with that, they HAVE to move more product. The means for this is lowering consumer cost.

jd352 05-09-2007 12:01 PM

In South Jersey I am paying about 33 from close to empty, if i let it get that far. Usually I put gas in it every 2 days because the cost of gas keeps going up so i figure its better to pay a little extra everytime, than a whole lot extra if i let it go all the way to empty... since it obviously is not going to go down with summer around the corner.

that guy 05-09-2007 12:03 PM

All I can find is people complaining about this and that. Nothing relevent momentarily.

I've got to move home from college today, so I don't have any more time to spend on it right now. Sorry.

jd352 05-09-2007 12:19 PM

The only problem with the May 15 gas strike is the fact thatpeople will have tofill up on thebefore or after instead. You are simply giving them the same profit, just on a different day.Gas companiesbase on quarters and years usually even though the price of the barrel changes day by day. Gasoline is a commodity andit's price fluctuates constantly and for often unseen reasons. In fact, this strike has been done before andthere was no result.Instead, this idea actually has to potential to increase prices more, because if people don't buy gas May 15, but those however many tens ofmillionsbuy it over the next couple days will show a higher demand of the next couple of days. Higher demand over a period of time will call for an increase, no demand on a single day will not. If people really want a strike, shoe leather express is the only way that will happen because you need to show no demand over a period of about two weeks to really get gas to even dropabout 10cents from where it is now. But, we all have to go to work so this will not happen.

ESCivicY8 05-09-2007 05:57 PM

im gonna try to fill up a day before may 15....or a couple of days before that way the next day i can fill up again for cheap....:D