General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

how much do you pay to fill up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Default RE: how much do you pay to fill up?

ORIGINAL: tha_next_Kobe

man you guys got it cheap down there...it's costing me around $47 to fill my baby up when it's on E in Canada...our gas prices are 1.26 per litre right now! absurd...around 4 litres in a gallon...a little less i think it's like 3.8 or something but we're paying over $4 per gallon...sucks...you gotta drive though so it's gotta be paid, great gas mileage though with the civic, it's a lot nicer than an SUV! lol
maybe the canadians should koin the war for the oil too huh? lol j/k. my 93 civic coupe take in bout 35 bucks at around 3.60 for premium.Killa Cali

Old 05-07-2007, 01:17 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: that guy

I think of it as added weight reduction to make myself feel better about it.
LOL ... yeah that wat i like to think of it as well ... my friends always make fun of me but i think its funny becuase they drive mustangs,monte carlos,camaros

Old 05-08-2007, 07:30 AM
HCF Member

Actually, it can be bad for your car, as many electric fuelpumps are designed to be cooled bythe fuel in the tank. I'd try to keep it above 1/4 tank most of the time.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

If I go to a known gas station it's about 3.55, so I think i beat you on the high price range..
I got all you beat in the states with $3.69 a gallon for regular here in Humboldt County. And it gets better! When I visit my sister next week in the heart of San Francisco, I have $3.79 a gallon to look forward to.

As for the national gas out day, I don't think it's really going to work. While assuming everyone isn't going to buy gas for ONE day, what will this accomplish? If prices do drop as dramatically as 30 cents overnight, which I have no recollection of ever occurring in the late 90s, prices will begin to swell back up in the following days as the unprecedentedsurging demand comes back. Now, if some how some way we could all not buy gas for one month, that might make a long lasting difference, but that would entail a complete economic and infrastructure overhaul and darest I say it, people driving less. For now, I'm going to enjoy the European trend and the fact that I have a Civic. Goodbye Detroit.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:13 PM

I am at about $33 for the civic, that lasts a couple weeks. My truck on the other hand cost $60 - $70 and goes through a tank in a week (as a daily driver).

Old 05-08-2007, 02:21 PM
HCF Member

I'm so poor.[&o]What ever the price is I only put in $5. Damn...I drive a full two days with the warning light on if I'm just going to school and back. I figured that once the warning light comes on, I have about 35 miles before I run empty. Takes me a $25 to fill up.

Funny thing was for my birthday, I thoughtmy brother forgot my birthday anddidn't give me a gift . Then I drove off to school and I saw my fuel gaugea little past full and I was so happy !!!! Best gift ever. thanks bro.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

haha i dont know, its $5 wehnever i need it, i'm RARELY above a half tank [&:]i hate being poor lol

lol i feel your pain

Old 05-08-2007, 05:56 PM

on dead empty costs me round 33-35 dollars in california...not too shaby. my truck cost me 90 a week to fill up now thats a huge difference.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:55 PM

in january and febuary gas was $1.83 here, now it is $2.94 in places! it's costing me about $25 everytime i fill up!

YOU WON'T SEE ME AT ANY GAS STATIONS ON 5/15/07!
i'll be sure to fill up on the 14th! lol

Old 05-08-2007, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

Unfortuanately I am one of the unlucky SOB's in oregon I am paying about 36$ to fill up

Quick Reply: how much do you pay to fill up?