General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How much do you really know?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 07:03 PM
HCF Member
Default How much do you really know?

ICE test

Old 02-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Default RE: How much do you really know?

I suck man.

"You scored 60% Practical, 56% Theory, and 60% Performance!"

:edit: I got well rounded also.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:41 PM

im "well rounded"

You have a good idea how the stuff works, and you understand some diagnostics and repair as well as tuning and performance. You probably get a lot of phone calls and emails from your buddies, asking for advice on repair shops, what vehicles to buy, and what go-fast stuff works and what's junk. You're rightfully proud of your knowledge and skills, but you've still got a lot left to learn. Fret not; resources like my own 'Motorcycle Fuel Injection Handbook' will go a long way toward your understanding of gasoline-powered four-stroke engines, and what tuning gizmos are truly useful. Keep up the good work

Old 02-14-2006, 07:51 PM

Engineer
You scored 69% Practical, 67% Theory, and 61% Performance!
Well, you understand the physics and principles behind internal combustion, and can even put them to use diagnosing problems. But you lack practical tuning experience that would make you a perfect all-around combustion science expert. You're off to a good start, though, so keep learning!

Old 02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

The Dealership Guru
You scored 68% Practical, 66% Theory, and 56% Performance!
Your knowledge of combustion theory, combined with your impeccable knowledge of diagnostics and repair, marks you as a senior or dealership mechanic. But every shop has one guy who is looked upon by the other mechanics as "The Boss"; the guy who had forgotten more than most guys have ever learned, the guy who always knows which exhaust system will make a bike or car really rip. You're calm, measured and knowledgeable, and your customers ask for you by name. Keep learning, and maybe you'll end up like me one day... A moto-journalist who gets to try out all the new bikes, tour factories, travel to the races on a regular basis, and cash those checks from the magazines and your publishing company. Ahh, life is grand, and it's only getting better, right?
not bad. im kinda burned out from my 12 hour day, and im trying to get out the door, so i couldnt read it like i wanted too.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

Well-Rounded
You scored 61% Practical, 43% Theory, and 56% Performance!... dang not as much as i had hoped, but at the same time i knew there was things that i didnt know and didn't fully understand

Old 02-14-2006, 09:23 PM
HCF Member

The Dealership Guru
I would have expected no less...

Just to be fair...

Major Gearhead
You scored 70% Practical, 72% Theory, and 68% Performance!
You are the complete package; you know the scientific fundamentals, and you have put them into practice with not only practical diagnostic and repair knowledge, but a brilliant mind for tuning. You could probably have written my book, 'The Motorcycle Fuel Injection Handbook', yourself. Email me; maybe we will collaborate on something!
I'm all theory and no practice. If I could tune as well as I can read and regurgitate, I might work for Skunk2 or have to change my name to Caleb.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

Engineer
70% Practical, 70% Theory, 63% Performance

Old 02-14-2006, 10:36 PM

Well-Rounded
You scored 63% Practical, 53% Theory, and 51% Performance!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 44% on Practical

You scored higher than 11% on Theory

You scored higher than 22% on Performance

Old 02-14-2006, 11:09 PM

You scored 69% Practical, 65% Theory, and 53% Performance!

I now have this urge to crack back open the books! LOL

Quick Reply: How much do you really know?