General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

HOW SAFE TO KEEP A CIVIC ON THE STREET?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 07:00 PM
vmf
HCF Member
Default HOW SAFE TO KEEP A CIVIC ON THE STREET?

i have a 2001 civic lx and i have a problem keepin it on the street, i have 2 way alarm and it goes off every night around 4-5 am, this does not look like a problem with alarm. is a civic really popular car amongst thieves?

Old 05-08-2005, 07:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: HOW SAFE TO KEEP A CIVIV ON THE STREET?

i believe that at some point last year it was like third in the top ten cars to get stolen...but ive personally never heard of anyone stealing a Civ

Old 05-08-2005, 08:42 PM

I'm glad I have a garage space.

Old 05-08-2005, 09:36 PM

in my town u have a b16 and its gone they are findin them all over..........

Old 05-08-2005, 11:18 PM
HCF Member

yeah, civics are among the top stolen, though the 01+ are better off than the older ones.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

yeah, civics are among the top stolen, though the 01+ are better off than the older ones.
Yep, because everyone hates them

Old 05-09-2005, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

well people know that civics usually have some nice goodies in em.....theres not too much u can do...i mean uve got the 2 way alarm which is awesome....its better to wake up at 5 am to the alarm and make sure its still there as opposed to waking up and having to walk to work. Personally when im parking overnite in an unfamiliar area i just make sure i pull up with music off and try not to show u have anything other than stock stuff.

Uve got the alarm which is good. If uve got aftermarket wheels id say get wheel locks......other than that.....just buy a louisville slugger for those 5 am alarm scares. maybe try to park ur car in view from ur window? Idk im just tryin to think of some ideas.

Old 05-09-2005, 12:59 AM
HCF Member

I wouldnt park on the street, but thats just me... especially if you have mods

Old 05-09-2005, 02:06 AM
HCF Member

Dude, I speak from experience. Civs are definitely a hot item in the car thief market. I've had mine broken into three times (still recovering from third) and two out of those three times were attempts to steel it. If my (many curse words) parents would get off their (bleep) and clear out our garage then maybe I could keep it in their. The street is sketch. However it sounds to me like some cat in your hood is coming home between 4 and 5 from work or something and either has a system or muscle car. Secondly, why is there not a bat and brick at your bedside waiting for combat? What good is your two way if you're not going to address what it's telling you?

MAY ALL THIEVES LOSE THEIR HANDS, AND HAVE THEIR WORTHLESS PARENTS WATCH THEM BURN AND ROT IN ETERNAL FLAMES.

Old 05-09-2005, 12:58 PM
vmf
HCF Member

there is, but they are going to just run away, its not going to help, i also have a 1996 lexus ls400 and i can leave the car on the street for weeks no1 is even gonna touch it while they started harrassing civic in less then a week after a got it!!! lexus got the same 2 way alarm as civic and no1 ever touched it

Quick Reply: HOW SAFE TO KEEP A CIVIC ON THE STREET?