HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   How's your town's Civic community? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/hows-your-towns-civic-community-62205/)

Gonzo 03-10-2008 02:43 PM

How's your town's Civic community?

So what's the Civic modding community like where you live? Are you a lone ranger in a world of Bimmers, trucks, and SUVs? Or are you a part of a fast growing, thriving group of Civic drivers?

My town is really good. You can always drive down the road, see another modded civic, and give them a wave. They'll shoot ya one back. Alot of my friends are into Civics, and we always get to talk to eachother about our cars.

May sounds lame. But it's way cool to have a community like that.

cyberx32 03-10-2008 03:00 PM

RE: How's your town's Civic community?

actually around where i live they are usually ricers, but if i travel a couple of miles, its a bunch of kids with wealthy parents so they have evos and other faster cars.

Mr Mobsta Man 03-10-2008 03:07 PM

There are like two other modded civics around that I know of, I don't think they have anything more than cold air intakes and/or body kits though. Pretty much ricers, I guess I don't mind talking to them sometimes because it makes me feel smart lol. Only downside is they all ask me to help them install neons and stuff now.

There is a street scene here around the state capital and one of the bigger cities around 30mins away from here but I don't think any of them have civics, mostly domestics and a few imports. At least domestics and imports get along here aside from a few ignorant red necks.

addiction2bass 03-10-2008 04:06 PM

ive seen a few civics localy. the younger people have them RICED.... and afew others from older people are stock.LOL

ive only seen afew nice civics, and one was in a reflection. ;) (the 99 that is)

but i rarely see the nicer civics!

logand5 03-10-2008 04:35 PM

lets just say there isn't a civic in my community thats why im having so much trouble finding one.

Hailchristian 03-10-2008 04:43 PM

to many civics in fresno.....can't go to sleep without hearing fart can mufflers and peelouts at least 8 times.

Willby24 03-10-2008 05:07 PM

Its pretty much only me and my friend who have niceish civics... The rest are all old peoples stock civics they drive to the grocery store once a month.

The other people my age drive riced VW's and rusty mustangs/comaro's... so its kinda nice being one of the few civics around here. I get to see a few now and then because theres usually auto club meetings in the local forest preserve. Although thats more supras/240sx's and that kinda thing.

TheShimster91HB 03-10-2008 05:24 PM

See for yourself...Clicky
Obviously I gots me some competition :D

Vilex 03-10-2008 05:38 PM

All I ever see around me is stock Civics, or some people who riced out Del Sol's.. Usually body kits, and a nice fart can. Its kinda amusing and shameful at the same time. But its nice to know I have a clean civic around where I live:).

Mr Mobsta Man 03-10-2008 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: logand5

lets just say there isn't a civic in my community thats why im having so much trouble finding one.
Look for a local forum, I bet there are some people around you just might not know it.

Hailchristian 03-10-2008 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: TheShimster91HB

that first EF on the list is sexy:D

TheShimster91HB 03-10-2008 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Hailchristian

If you like that one check the sick one on pg 12...pg 8 is off the hook too.

0slowpoke60 03-10-2008 06:20 PM

pretty much all ricers where i live, and if i drive out to the car meets in houston its all rich people with corvettes and **** like that. but there are a select few nice civics out here.

EJ8VTEC 03-10-2008 06:25 PM

yeah, i think its cool to have a "civic community" around here. i live in frederick maryland, you can usually find someone with a nice civic. i go to school with one kid with a normal mod d17 series coupe. i myself have a 2000 honda civic, no mods :( mainly cuz the engine is bad,and saving up.but finally i will have the new sohc vtec in her. but i see the same old civics, depends which part of town you are. route 40 you see everything street light to street light, but tons of wannabes, ricers with huge wings and gay body kits. theres a really nice white ep3 around walkersville with a black either carbon fiber hood or he has a black decal that looks pretty cool on the hood. ive only seen it twice but its one sexy ep3. i wish there were more civic tuners around though.

koots 03-10-2008 06:31 PM

Back home in Labrador there was a total of 5-6th gen civics and a handful of 4th gens and a few 7th and 8th gens. so i was one of the few. too bad i only got to drive it back home for a 1/2 hour before i moved to newfoundland

Masonn 03-10-2008 07:23 PM

I don't see many civics anymore. You tend to notice cars that you drive. And since I don't drive a civic anymore its different. The good chunk of civics I see are EG's and newer ones (01+). I don't see many EK's. There's an EF thats riced out, huge body kit, dual exhaust, gross looking that I see aorund sometime, but thats the only gross one I see. 95% of the civics I see are stock, and the rest have rims on them, or altezzas (gross).

Gonzo 03-10-2008 07:58 PM

My town, it's either soccer moms. Hicks with giant, lifted trucks for wheelin' (About half the population) A small amount of ricers, and the rest are decent tuners.

Personally, I have 3 friends who are very into their Civics, and it's pretty cool. Although, one is a ricer... Heh.

Hailchristian 03-10-2008 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Hailchristian

If you like that one check the sick one on pg 12...pg 8 is off the hook too.

oh my....

and_so_we_went 03-10-2008 09:51 PM

man my area has like two, im trying to find fellow Civic's, Michigan has nothing, where you from? im moving !@ hha

Ej1Rider 03-10-2008 10:56 PM

theres alot of nice civic community here, but bunch of them are stuck up.. and also bunch of ricers... but i can honestly say the ricers r starting to fade out...

addiction2bass 03-11-2008 11:21 AM

O SNAP... i really like this picture of a EG
nice color i think....
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...orge3Small.jpg

hum.... some of those EGs really making me think hard about changing the whole color of my EG..... hum.... thats really making me thing.... should i or do original green with some fine flake in the paint..... CHOICES CHOICES.....

koots 03-11-2008 01:00 PM

It's hard to get respect from auto enthusiasts when you drive a civic. the ricers have put us all in a bad state. But anyone who truly appreciates automobiles for everything they are, can appreciate a nicely modded civic and the engineering that goes into it.

EJ8_Man 03-11-2008 03:17 PM

I live in Los Angeles. We have everything here. There is A LOT of RICE in this city, which is one of the reasons why I am so against it. I apprecieate things done right, people who have the time and money to build their car. Not some idiot who slaps a muffler on his Y7 LX and thinks he's got a race car. This morning I listened to the sweet sound of a BOV on a 95 civic cruising down the street, but the exterior of the car looked bone stock. If you want to keep your car in this city it's best to keep the bling factor to a minimum. Until I move or get a garage I'm going to leave the outside of my car looking used and abused stock.

Gonzo 03-12-2008 04:17 PM

Actually, I just had 2 tuner Civics drive by my house. My neighbor is big into it like me. He has two hatch civics. Both boosted, and VERY clean looking. I've only seen a small amount of ricers around here. unfortunitaly, one of them was my friends. My buddy's Neon. Fortunitaly for everyone, it caught fire, and now he drives a much more presentable car.

gooberguy 03-13-2008 05:27 AM

gonzo, LMAO ^

Gonzo 03-13-2008 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: gooberguy

gonzo, LMAO ^
:D

WhiteRabbit1021 03-13-2008 09:52 PM

Most of my friends who drove Civics now drive Evos and STIs...

Rich bastards.

svt_shitin_on_rice 03-14-2008 12:41 AM

there not prominent around here...they get muscled too much.. so they stay in the shadows..hoping the dont get bit or s****ed on..hahah..

Red98 03-15-2008 12:03 PM

Theres a local cruise where i live every sunday night all i see are ricers and v8's i cant stand those fart cans going by me and my friends reving and then backing down from a race because of a tire showing wires or something stupid like that.

Aaron_EX 03-15-2008 12:28 PM

Lifted trucks here, you think some ricers cars sound bad, you should hear some of these trucks exhaust systems [sm=headbang.gif]

But there are a few nice civics, but mostley rice. I have seen ONE supercharged supra, and 2 evos and 2 wrx's. They restare ricey hondas and neons.