General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I believe I am getting jipped.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Default I believe I am getting jipped.

So the auto lot where I bought my 01 civic lx a month ago called me today. They spoke to me saying that the title (from ohio) is outdated and I bought the car in Kentucky. They spoke to me saying that it needs to be inspected to get my title and all that jazz and that it must be done here in my town where I bought the car before the courthouse closes at 4 (they said it closes at 2.)
They want me to take time from my work 5am-5pm to come have it inspected in order to get the title transferred. Is it just me or does this sound shady as hell?

And let it be known that Kentucky does not inspect vehicles. Anybody wanna help me with this dilemma?? Am I being set up?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin

If I'm reading this correctly, the car has an Ohio title and you're going to be getting a Kentucky title. Is that correct?

Assuming it's true, the vehicle will actually need to be inspected before you can register it in KY. It's not really so much of an inspection as it is a receptionist going out to your car, writing down the VIN number, and filling out a form... just go to your local sheriff's office and ask about inspecting an out-of-state vehicle.

I had to jump through all those fun hoops with my Mustang when I moved down here from PA.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

Yea it sounds like a VIN # Check. Most States require that to register an out of State vehicle.
But the problem is if you bought it from a licensed dealer then that should of already been taken care of by them. Did they give you a temp permit to drive it? Did they charge you a title transfer fee & registration fee?