General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I got a free civic yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Default I got a free civic yesterday!

My aunt had a 92 civic sedan DX parked in her driveway for 2 years. she told me if I can start it, I can have it. So after I worked my magic I finally got the thing running. It's parked in my driveway and starts and run flawlessly. Great car. I'm a truck guy so I needed something gas friendly. My question is if there are any cheap or free mods I can do to the car to make it look/sound/perform better. I'm new to imports and lookin for help. By the way, it's black

P.S. I'll have pictures up tomorrow.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Default RE: I got a free civic yesterday!

yes exhaust and cold air intake will boost the horsepower and gas milage and make it sound sexy

Old 05-01-2006, 11:34 PM

I don't know a damn thing about these 1.5L engines. What brand exhaust to imports run best with. K$N intake probably best bet huh?

Edit: I forgot to mention that its VERY hard to move the shift lever to and from park. is this a transmission problem or just some mechanical device that's jammed up?

also, are there any popular civic forums besides this one? I can't find anything good.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: 7thgear

also, are there any popular civic forums besides this one? I can't find anything good.

this is the only one you need

Old 05-02-2006, 12:59 AM

this is the only one you need

so very true. u don't need to look anywhere else. u get respect and help with anything here.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 7thgear

I forgot to mention that its VERY hard to move the shift lever to and from park. is this a transmission problem or just some mechanical device that's jammed up?
It was parked for a year. It might be rust. Maybe change the transmission fluid.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:17 PM

here are the pictures.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

A little rear end damage. I'll probably pound those dents out with a rubber mallet unless someone knows a good way to repair body damage.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 05-02-2006, 12:19 PM

i have tail lights and a trunk my friend. is that a dark grey metallic paint? if so you would be in luck because mine is thae same color.

and welcome to the forum

Old 05-02-2006, 12:30 PM

not the best of shape but free is free

Old 05-02-2006, 02:03 PM

hell i'll take a running free car anyday...looks: paint some stuff and maybe some tail lights/headlights for cheap. sound&performance: exhaust/intake set up. decent hp gains, better gas mileage, and will sound real good if u buy the right stuff. springs are also cheap and will get u thru turns better, tho the ride might be bumpy. im guessing this will be ur daily driver so those are just some cheap mods that would satisfy tho needs/wants...looks like those dents in the bumper arnt that bad, mallet should pop them out and might leave only minor bumps and scratches but u gota take care of that rust or get rid of that trunk, it'll eat ur car alive!

oh and no other forum can beat HCF

Quick Reply: I got a free civic yesterday!