General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I need help!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Default I need help!!!

Yo what up to anyone who reads this, but I nned some help. i recently bought a 1994 civic coupe that needs love all around. i want to do a motor swap so I can turbo it but dont quite know what motor to swap it out with so if you can help me with this problem i would greatly appreciate it thanks a ton yo.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:00 PM

Yo
lol

What model is the Civic? EX, DX?
You don't have to swap the engine to turbo it.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:16 PM

It's a dx, the reason why i want to swap the motor is becuse its on its last leg, and i would rather swap than do a complete rebuild.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM

How do you know it's on its last leg? Have you done a compression test?
My recommendation is if the compression is fine, just turbo the motor you have and don't go much over 200-220 WHP.

If you insist on swapping motors, one of my favorite Honda engines is the H22A. It has around 200HP stock, and quite a bit of torque. You will hear that it's a lot heavier than other options, but really it's only about 30lbs heavier than a B16A2. The extra 40HP it has will do more than just cancel out the loss of power from the extra 30lbs.

You could also do a K swap, but those are a lot more expensive and produce around the same amount of power.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

Or - be a trend setter and put a rotary in that sucker. =P

Actually, that might be kinda cool.

Hmmm.....

Anyways - What kind of HP are you trying to get? Are you trying to make a drag car, a badass street car, or just love the power of turbo?

Old 12-02-2008, 02:14 PM

Trying to make it a streetable drag car, plus i love turbo power. I live in a college town where kids have these vetts, and other v8's so i dont want to go nutts on visuals so i can pull up next to them, beat them in the ground and watch them cry. oh it makes me laugh just thinking about it. i want to run 11's.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:18 PM

no i have not done a compression test on it but I can tell you how it drives and pulls when i'm shifting. in first it does a kinda hickup act kinda pulling then lagging, in second has very little pull, then trough the rest it ok. i looked under the hood the other day and noticed oil leaking from the header, and im spitting oil out the exhaust. my buddy thinks its the piston rings but not quite sure, what do you think?

Old 12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like your rings are gone. Mine is doing the same thing. Every time I get up on it, it looks like James Bond just flew by. lol.

I personally would get out of the D series. I know you can build them up and make them run 11's... but its just too much stress and too much of a hassle. I'm wanting same figures, and am starting a build on a b16. But you can run a b-18, h22.. hell - all kinds of motors in your car. I know the b-16 can hold a good amount of boost. There's a 5g hatch running around OKC with a boosted b-16. He's claiming a low 10.

happy thoughts.. =)

Old 12-03-2008, 03:34 PM

It could also be bad valve seals I believe.

fix the D. D-series pride.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

i would go with a ls b18b motor non vtec (dont really need vtec if your boosting plus it makes the tuning a lil difficult but not impossible)build the block with rods and pistons...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need help!!!