General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I NEED Help fast

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Default I NEED Help fast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well the civic was runing great. so i went to get gas . when i was going to leave the tranny wouldn't go into gear. the shifter moves but doen't go into gear what so ever. the tranny was fine when i dove there i have had the car for 3 days now and it was fine. what do u think it is?

p.s i didn't hear any sounds of it shiftubg when it was shifted after this happened. plz help. o and the shifter feels really lose now as well. it is a auto.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Default RE: I NEED Help fast

Does it feel like its moving the shift linkage? Does the gear display change when you shift from p to d or whatever? Or does it go into gear but not go anywhere. Like reving real high and not moving? And you said you just bought the car?

Old 12-26-2005, 12:51 AM
HCF Member

your syncros are going.........time for a tranny rebuild. Go to pep boys and get some LUCAS TRANSMISSION FIXER. Get some tranny fluid too. Swap out the old fluid for new fluid. Get good trans fluid. Then add the lucas and it COULD fix it. Its worth a shot for the $. Keep em crossed and go to the store lol

Old 12-26-2005, 12:52 AM

just got a new motor put in. it changes the light . it doesn't seem like it is moving it. it is locked in park. i got a tow and he said it is suck in park. i can rev it as much as i want. do u think it is a a shift linge problem?

Old 12-26-2005, 12:54 AM
HCF Member

Pretty sure that the automatic trannys dont have shift linkage.........i could be wrong though.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:58 AM

**** i hope i don;t need a new tranny, what could it be? the tranny was fine on the way to the gas station and all day today?

Old 12-26-2005, 01:00 AM

That's a tough one to diagnose over the web but I'd just have it check out by someone reputible. Good luck and hopefully it's nothing major. Where idi you buy it from?

Old 12-26-2005, 01:00 AM
HCF Member

honda auto trannys SUCK. So i hear......im boosting mine and its fine...........dude just change the tranny fluid.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:03 AM

it is new. i am freaking out. i need ot kno what it is. i don't get how the tranny works great then not at all. i mean it lose and not connted ot the motor or what,. i mean is there a cable in there form the shifter to the trans. maybe that came apart.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:06 AM

i was told it is most likey the linkage. just not tighted al the way. i hope so []

p.s i m going boost as well. i got the turbo and the font mount just need the rest. what motor u boosting. i am useing a y8, o the car is a 99. what turbo set up u useing. i am goign with a 14b with a srt-4 font mount,

Quick Reply: I NEED Help fast