General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I need Help please?!?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Default I need Help please?!?

Why is it that when I shift into a higher gear it feels like my car is getting really slugesh, its a 95 vtec and when the vtec should be engaging its feels like its not putting out enough power..What can it be? Ive just gotten a major tune up(fuel injector cleaned,fuel lines were cleaned,new spark plugs, disturbuter,disturbuter wires,oil changed and oil filter replaced) what can it be, could it have something to do with my Vtec solenoid ? Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Default RE: I need Help please?!?

Well it depends on which gear you are talking about when you say "a higher gear." That could mean second. If you are talking about fourth or fifth, then it depends on what kind of car you are comparing it to. You have a 95 VTEC, so that either means you have an EX or an SI. Since you're saying it feels sluggish, Im assuming its an EX. If thats the case, then its most likely normal. Its because of the gear ratio (civics arent geared to be top end cars), and assuming you dont have a lot of performance work done, its also because of the lack of horsepower/torque

Old 10-13-2007, 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: civicpimpin

Well it depends on which gear you are talking about when you say "a higher gear." That could mean second. If you are talking about fourth or fifth, then it depends on what kind of car you are comparing it to. You have a 95 VTEC, so that either means you have an EX or an SI. Since you're saying it feels sluggish, Im assuming its an EX. If thats the case, then its most likely normal. Its because of the gear ratio (civics arent geared to be top end cars), and assuming you dont have a lot of performance work done, its also because of the lack of horsepower/torque
yeah i wouldnt listen to mr civic pimpin. ive read all of his post and sounds like he doesnt know what hes talkin bout. looks like he reads everyone elses post an goes on that. hahaha

Old 10-13-2007, 01:57 PM

HAHA, alright well would you have any clue to what could be wrong?

Old 10-13-2007, 04:29 PM

what gear are you talking about? is it 5th gear at high speeds?

Old 10-13-2007, 04:57 PM

its all my gears, i no that it would get that way when in extremly high rpm's but it happens around 7000 are so, and it max out at 97mph it wont go past that no matter how low my rpm's are in 5th

Old 10-13-2007, 07:04 PM

Dude, 7000 rpm is the redline on a d16... it's the redline for a reason, you don't really make any more power past 7000rpm on a d16 without some significant mods...

Old 10-14-2007, 08:57 AM

well the 5th gear thing is cuz 5th gear is a cruising gear not for speed or power (and theres a govner). not too sure whats going on with the other gears though man.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Alright ha, well how can we bypass the governer, or something because doesnt that mean that if i do mods under the hood it still wont put out past the engine governer limit?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM

to pass the gov your gonna have to get another ECU or chip it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need Help please?!?