General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I swear 88-91 crx's and 92-95 civic hatches cost more now than 10 yrs ago

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Default I swear 88-91 crx's and 92-95 civic hatches cost more now than 10 yrs ago

Ten years ago I bought my first stickshift car..
A 1989 Honda Crx Si clean with 90k miles for $2000

Now I see crx's (not just Si's)and civic hatchbacks getting more and more expensive.. what gives?

Is it like that everywhere? or is it just in California?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Chubby Chaser

it just depends on where you look
i bought my 94 hatch for 600$ cleanest car i have ever had....

Old 08-04-2009, 12:15 PM
HCF Member

Bought my 93 Hatch for $2500

Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
it just depends on where you look
i bought my 94 hatch for 600$ cleanest car i have ever had....
is that the same civic that's in your signature? what area did you buy it from? i might just have to start looking in that region and buy a couple plane tickets and drag someone along for a road trip

Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well most of the time they would go cheaper either because the owner doesnt care about the car anymore, or price goes up mainly if its a dealership or if the owner has put quite a bit of time into restoring it and fixing up the body.

i think the reason why the CRXs price have gone up is because they are getting rare because basically they rust BAD!!!!!! if you find a good condition minor rusted crx its pretty rare southern state find! most up north crxs are probably full of bondo and you really need to do a magnet test and check out the underbody really well!!!!!

when i had my old 86 crx i was VERY STUPID WITH IT and i basically gave it away for 300bucks cash when if i would have realized the real condition of the car i could have got around 1,500bucks for it since it had very minor rust spots.
so if your lucky you can find someone that doesnt know you can get more for it. hell the guys that bought my crx drove from northern michigan to indianapolis to pickup my crx. they knew it was a killer deal they couldnt pass.
still wish i kept that car! it was very slow but very nice tiny car with great gas milage.LOL

but just remember if you think your finding a killer deal you MIGHT and you MIGHT NOT... check the underbody very well and check the rockers and fender arches with a magnet to see if its actual metal or a weak @ss bondo quick fill and macco paint job!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Chubby Chaser

yes it is the civic in my sig and i went down to west palm beach florida(where i am orignally from) and bought it from somebody who lives down the road from my sisters
cars down there are pretty cheap people have money and just sell to get rid of most of the time... i had a 94 coupe with a b18c1 i bought for 1,500 motor was brand new and car had no damage to it.... i also bought a complete d" series turbo kit with intercooler for 300$
if you are interested i can talk to my family to keep eye out for a car and let you know..

i gave 200$ for my sedan
Name:  MyCivic.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  4.7 KB

Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Angry Admin

did it have bullet holes?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Chubby Chaser

lol no ...lol

Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
well most of the time they would go cheaper either because the owner doesnt care about the car anymore, or price goes up mainly if its a dealership or if the owner has put quite a bit of time into restoring it and fixing up the body.

i think the reason why the CRXs price have gone up is because they are getting rare because basically they rust BAD!!!!!! if you find a good condition minor rusted crx its pretty rare southern state find! most up north crxs are probably full of bondo and you really need to do a magnet test and check out the underbody really well!!!!!

when i had my old 86 crx i was VERY STUPID WITH IT and i basically gave it away for 300bucks cash when if i would have realized the real condition of the car i could have got around 1,500bucks for it since it had very minor rust spots.
so if your lucky you can find someone that doesnt know you can get more for it. hell the guys that bought my crx drove from northern michigan to indianapolis to pickup my crx. they knew it was a killer deal they couldnt pass.
still wish i kept that car! it was very slow but very nice tiny car with great gas milage.LOL

but just remember if you think your finding a killer deal you MIGHT and you MIGHT NOT... check the underbody very well and check the rockers and fender arches with a magnet to see if its actual metal or a weak @ss bondo quick fill and macco paint job!

Hey thanks for the advice! Rust isn't an issue where I live and I'm definitely going to start looking for cars out of state. I'll make sure to have a magnet with me along with my compression gauge!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
yes it is the civic in my sig and i went down to west palm beach florida(where i am orignally from) and bought it from somebody who lives down the road from my sisters
cars down there are pretty cheap people have money and just sell to get rid of most of the time... i had a 94 coupe with a b18c1 i bought for 1,500 motor was brand new and car had no damage to it.... i also bought a complete d" series turbo kit with intercooler for 300$
if you are interested i can talk to my family to keep eye out for a car and let you know..

i gave 200$ for my sedan
wow those were some awesome deals.. almost too good to be true. I'm going to start looking for cars there.. 3000 miles road trip here I come! lol

Quick Reply: I swear 88-91 crx's and 92-95 civic hatches cost more now than 10 yrs ago