General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I think I'm tired of it already

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:40 AM
HCF Member
Default I think I'm tired of it already

alright I'm not sure, but I have a feeling I'm tired of the civic already. I've only had it for not even a full month. or maybe exactly a month. but I'm tired of it, I think? I want something faster. alot faster. that comes fast stock. is this just a honda civic phase that you all went through or what because. damn. that was fast. I had my 1990 celica gt for 6 years and the engine blew. I didn't get tired of it. I'm venting like a homo to a bunch of guys lol. but whatever. what do you think I should do, sell it? buy something else? stop bitching and just wait a little longer?

any opinion will be greatly appreciated.

YES IT WAS JUST A PHASE!!!! STUPID ME!!! =)

Old 02-25-2007, 09:45 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I think I'm tired of it already

what about going turbo?

Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 AM
HCF Member

=/ that's the thing bro, the only way to make them fast is either an engine swap, or going boost. neither of which I can do with my salary and expenses. lol but I wish

Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

A faster car is expensive too.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:09 AM
HCF Member

get a bugatti veyron.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:13 AM
HCF Member

Lmao...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

well turboing your engine is a lot more affordable than trying to get a new fast car. Not to mention that you will never get bored from feeling boost

Old 02-25-2007, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

Whenever it gets like that, you have to do something to it. Wash it, change the oil, fill the washer fluid... something. It is just a phase. Honda Tuning kept me in it when I went a stretch without any mods. Make a wish list of parts and really think about if/when you could get them and in what order.

Yes, a swap is expensive, but you can piece together a turbo kit for under a grand, if that's something you think you might like to do. Got a couple hundred and a place to work on it? Find some p29 or pg6b pistons. Those are good for~ 20-30Hp.

Try something even smaller to make the driving of it more fun. A short shifter and new shift **** can really improve the driving experience and those start at like 20 bucks on ebay. Rock some knock-off lowering springs for 30 or $40 until you can save for the good stuff.

... or you could sell it to someone who will appreciate it and buy yourself another 1990 Celica.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

lol from the bugatti to street sniper.......street sniper helped out a bunch. I'll think about those pistons first.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

I have driven in several boosted 4 bangers in my time, the older Mitsubishi eclipse with factory boost blew me away. I was really put in my seat in that sucker, and it was all wheel drive to boot, held the road like the tires were superglued.

I think a good turbo and some basic engine mods like valves and springs, etc.. to help the boosted engine run longer and more efficiently is the way to go if you want that speedy feeling.

Don't give up on em yet, you can do alot more then you think with that car.

Quick Reply: I think I'm tired of it already