General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

iam new but can anyone answer my question i have a b16a in my ef and its almost done i took it to a

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Default iam new but can anyone answer my question i have a b16a in my ef and its almost done i took it to a

well anyways i took it to a mechanic they told me the number one cylinder isnt getting hot like the other ones what could it be it dosent smoke or nothing and it sounds good its been sittin for 2 years and i just know got my hands on it so i need help

Old 01-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Default RE: iam new but can anyone answer my question i have a b16a in my ef and its almost done i took it t

Getting hot...like not firing? Your grammar is horrible. I can't understand your question.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: iam new but can anyone answer my question i have a b16a in my ef and its almost done i took it t

ORIGINAL: SevenKRedline

Getting hot...like not firing? Your grammar is horrible. I can't understand your question.
HAHAHAHA couldn't understand the last part either...

Old 01-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

and you guys thought my grammar was bad

i got no idea what you mean..... not getting HOT like the others......
does that cylinder not have good compression? or not firing? like no gas getting injected into the cylinder or no spark....

we cannt help if you dont let us know what the problem is....

Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 PM

iam sry guys this is my very first time on a fourm but they sadi they ran a heat gun over it and it wasent gettin hot like the other one i dont know exactly what that means i mean it sounds awsome and it dosent smoke or anything so i think the piston rings are good i had to get a new dizzy bec they said it wasent gettin any injector pulse from it but like i sad i iam new to the fourm could it be that the motor hasent ran in like 2 years i really need some help

Old 01-19-2008, 08:13 PM

you guys prob think iam stupid lol i dont know what they are talking about they told me it might be the spark plugs because they where fouled out but i dont know you guys think it will be fine and will it still be pretty quick or what should i do

Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 PM

Dude, seriously.....

None of us care if this is your first time to the forum. Proper grammar and spelling is KEY to getting your point across to the rest of us. We cannot help if we do not understand the problem!

You mentioned the mechanic told you this was an issue...did he not bother to explain what it means? WTF is a heat gun? A laser thermometer?

I for one think your mechanic is an idiot. Maybe that side of the valve cover wasnt heating up as quickly as the other side. Dude. My god...I dont know! Please try to explain in more detail. And for f*** sakes, slow down and use proper grammar! Proof read your post before you hit "ok." Hell, have a friend proof read it for you. We need more info!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:20 PM

you guys prob think iam stupid lol i dont know what they are talking about they told me it might be the spark plugs because they where fouled out but i dont know you guys think it will be fine and will it still be pretty quick or what should i do
None of us think you're stupid....grammar and spelling aside.

I think you need to simmer down a bit, think about what you are typing, and try your very damn best to give us all information so we can come to a conclusion and help you further.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

If one cylinder isn't working, then the cylinder (1) isn't getting either spark from the plug and/or fuel from the injector or (2) has low compression.

The first types of problems are typically easy to evaluate and solve. The second type of problem requires much more work to diagnose and fix.

Ask your mechanic which type of problem your engine is having.

In addition, if you are handy, you might be able to perform some tests that would help diagnose the problem.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 PM

ok thank you guys sorry about the grammar i iwll talk to him and see i will get back at you guys

Quick Reply: iam new but can anyone answer my question i have a b16a in my ef and its almost done i took it to a