HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   ITS OFFICIAL im keeping my black civic.... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/its-official-im-keeping-my-black-civic-59578/)

addiction2bass 01-24-2008 11:58 AM

ITS OFFICIAL im keeping my black civic....

ok after wanting a hatchback really bad... well after looking for a hatch in driving distance and not finding any thing decent or unmolested... :( so ive decided to keep the black civic for my cruiser and just continue looking for a decently clean 92-95hatch shell. and I THINK i may have found one!
missing motor/trans, started sanding for new paint, and most interior.... im offering the guy 400bucks for it, and HOPEFULLY i get my tax check soon enough and he will still have the car! then i got enough cash for truck insurance and car dolly rental.

so still keeping the hatch idea alive BUT not as new....

tho i have already put the stock suspension back on the black civic so now its MONSTER TRUCKING STYLE for awhile. [8D]
at least until i can eventually afford to buy some nice Ground Control coilovers so i can adjust the car for WINTER-high/summer-low driving.....

but its definatly official im keeping my black civic for awhile... it was a tuff debate but after looking for a decent hatch and pickings VERY LOW, well ive given up on it!

BX_Civic 01-24-2008 12:21 PM

RE: ITS OFFICIAL im keeping my black civic....

Im glad you are keeping it because its a really nice car and i wasnt happy you were going to get rid of it.

Luke_Jones 01-24-2008 12:35 PM

LOL I think you need to make up your mind already:D....I swear you are worse than a woman.[8D] (j/k)

Glad you're keeping it...I know the feeling of wanting a hatch...I wish mine was a hatch...I'm hoping I run across a cheap eg shell one of these days to swap into.

Trey 01-24-2008 12:43 PM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Come on man..We wanna see pics of your jacked up suspension. :D

addiction2bass 01-24-2008 03:01 PM

6 Attachment(s)
well its definatly NOT A GOOD SIGHT!!!!!!!:eek:

BEFORE
Attachment 29547
Attachment 29548

AFTER on stock suspension again.....

Attachment 29549
Attachment 29550

i did think it looked interesting with just the front lowered at least from a distance. but wasn't going to keep it that way. [:'(]

Attachment 29551
Attachment 29552

sorry pictures not to well.....
and no distance shots because the cars inside the shop and been their for afew months now and will stay thier for awhile still.
but i sure wouldnt show it off on stock suspension. [sm=boohoo.gif]
but eventualy ill slam it back down on some GC adjustable coilovers with some koni struts., should be a nice combo and ill be able to raise and lift the car at will... but this time ill also get camber kits instead of the 3 washer trick... even tho it did work good. ;)

jpnolan 01-24-2008 03:02 PM

there really is a god :D haha but i think you should swap the trans and that would be the most amazing civic ever

Hailchristian 01-24-2008 03:10 PM

yay!.....what were you plans anyways? were you gunna get a 96-00 hatch? to replace your black civic?....i think 92-95s look WAY cooler IMO...

well im glad your keeping it...awsome car.

addiction2bass 01-24-2008 03:23 PM

ya the plan was to sell my black coupe and find a 99-00 hatch. but i guess im just to picky....
i would have reused everything on the car besides the suspension so i guess this is just a push to start saving for the nice new setup that i can adjust for winter and summer driving with ease.

O WELL...
one good thing is if i do get this 92-95hatch i can swap all the guts from my 94civic so i can have a nice Z6 motor/5speed as well as all power options, cruise control and such.... not sure if the hatch still has AC or not but most likely not. tho i have found a place that will sell a mostly complete ac system for my civic for 190bucks shiped. just have to slap most of it up and have it charged and cross fingers it is all good... but i have to get the hatch shell first....

this is the shell im TRYING to get....
tho it will be missing drivetrain and those wheels as well just stock steelies i hope..

http://www.mautofied.com/AdPhotos/10...2261335193.JPG
http://www.mautofied.com/AdPhotos/10...1226133412.JPG

im keeping my fingers crossed that they guy will take 400bucks for it and my tax check will get her before he sells it. ;)

cyberx32 01-24-2008 03:24 PM

Good thats a nice civic. And damn that is monster truck style, does it look like that cause you rolled the fenders?

addiction2bass 01-24-2008 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Good thats a nice civic. And damn that is monster truck style, does it look like that cause you rolled the fenders?

well i dont think so... i only rolled the rear inner fender lips. they stuck down alittle like maybe 1/4-1/2inch or so... it might not look so bad from a upper angle outside BUT it definatly wont look as good as it did lowered. LOL

but eventualy ill have it sitting low again.. ill have to experiment with how low i can go and not rub to bad....

it sshocking how 1.9" front drop, 1.7" rear drop, makes a huge difference!!!!!!!