General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

ITS OFFICIAL im keeping my black civic....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default ITS OFFICIAL im keeping my black civic....

ok after wanting a hatchback really bad... well after looking for a hatch in driving distance and not finding any thing decent or unmolested... so ive decided to keep the black civic for my cruiser and just continue looking for a decently clean 92-95hatch shell. and I THINK i may have found one!
missing motor/trans, started sanding for new paint, and most interior.... im offering the guy 400bucks for it, and HOPEFULLY i get my tax check soon enough and he will still have the car! then i got enough cash for truck insurance and car dolly rental.

so still keeping the hatch idea alive BUT not as new....

tho i have already put the stock suspension back on the black civic so now its MONSTER TRUCKING STYLE for awhile. [8D]
at least until i can eventually afford to buy some nice Ground Control coilovers so i can adjust the car for WINTER-high/summer-low driving.....

but its definatly official im keeping my black civic for awhile... it was a tuff debate but after looking for a decent hatch and pickings VERY LOW, well ive given up on it!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ITS OFFICIAL im keeping my black civic....

Im glad you are keeping it because its a really nice car and i wasnt happy you were going to get rid of it.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:35 PM
HCF Member

LOL I think you need to make up your mind already....I swear you are worse than a woman.[8D] (j/k)

Glad you're keeping it...I know the feeling of wanting a hatch...I wish mine was a hatch...I'm hoping I run across a cheap eg shell one of these days to swap into.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Come on man..We wanna see pics of your jacked up suspension.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well its definatly NOT A GOOD SIGHT!!!!!!!

BEFORE
Name:  99stock-04.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  98.1 KB
Name:  99stock-01.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  92.0 KB

AFTER on stock suspension again.....

Name:  99stock-25.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  96.5 KB
Name:  99stock-34.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  107.7 KB

i did think it looked interesting with just the front lowered at least from a distance. but wasn't going to keep it that way. [:'(]

Name:  99stock-30.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  86.8 KB
Name:  99stock-26.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  97.0 KB

sorry pictures not to well.....
and no distance shots because the cars inside the shop and been their for afew months now and will stay thier for awhile still.
but i sure wouldnt show it off on stock suspension. [sm=boohoo.gif]
but eventualy ill slam it back down on some GC adjustable coilovers with some koni struts., should be a nice combo and ill be able to raise and lift the car at will... but this time ill also get camber kits instead of the 3 washer trick... even tho it did work good.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:02 PM
HCF Member

there really is a god haha but i think you should swap the trans and that would be the most amazing civic ever

Old 01-24-2008, 03:10 PM
HCF Member

yay!.....what were you plans anyways? were you gunna get a 96-00 hatch? to replace your black civic?....i think 92-95s look WAY cooler IMO...

well im glad your keeping it...awsome car.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya the plan was to sell my black coupe and find a 99-00 hatch. but i guess im just to picky....
i would have reused everything on the car besides the suspension so i guess this is just a push to start saving for the nice new setup that i can adjust for winter and summer driving with ease.

O WELL...
one good thing is if i do get this 92-95hatch i can swap all the guts from my 94civic so i can have a nice Z6 motor/5speed as well as all power options, cruise control and such.... not sure if the hatch still has AC or not but most likely not. tho i have found a place that will sell a mostly complete ac system for my civic for 190bucks shiped. just have to slap most of it up and have it charged and cross fingers it is all good... but i have to get the hatch shell first....

this is the shell im TRYING to get....
tho it will be missing drivetrain and those wheels as well just stock steelies i hope..

im keeping my fingers crossed that they guy will take 400bucks for it and my tax check will get her before he sells it.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

Good thats a nice civic. And damn that is monster truck style, does it look like that cause you rolled the fenders?

Old 01-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Good thats a nice civic. And damn that is monster truck style, does it look like that cause you rolled the fenders?

well i dont think so... i only rolled the rear inner fender lips. they stuck down alittle like maybe 1/4-1/2inch or so... it might not look so bad from a upper angle outside BUT it definatly wont look as good as it did lowered. LOL

but eventualy ill have it sitting low again.. ill have to experiment with how low i can go and not rub to bad....

it sshocking how 1.9" front drop, 1.7" rear drop, makes a huge difference!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: ITS OFFICIAL im keeping my black civic....