General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I've got all of the cool parts for my 91 hatch...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Default I've got all of the cool parts for my 91 hatch...

Thanks to the side-benefits of doing security at the local recycling yard, I've acquired the following for my hatch:

Momo steering wheel
Recaro seats from a 90 GLI
Monster tach from a wrecked Z28

non-yard parts
Integra alloy wheels
" front brakes
" master cylinder

I have the makings of a really fun car!

Now all I need is a running motor....

Old 01-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Default RE: I've got all of the cool parts for my 91 hatch...

Good luck!!! Hope you can find something that you want!!

Old 01-18-2006, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

Sounds pretty cool man.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:11 PM

Thats pretty lucky to get all that stuff. Was it free??

What motor are you looking at getting?

Old 01-18-2006, 09:16 PM

lol thats sweet

Old 01-18-2006, 09:17 PM

Wanna give me the teg wheel? Are they 5 spoke?

Old 01-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member

I hope you are gonna put in a big motor like an H22

Old 01-19-2006, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

my friend knows this guy who works in a scrap yeard and they get things for like a quater of the price that they sell it for...and he gets like first picks at cars that come in

Old 01-24-2006, 06:40 PM

Sorry. Tried posting before, and the website 'farted' and dumped my post.

Anyway... right now, it all depends on my money situation (doesn't it always?). I'm waiting to hear about a settlement, and if I get that money, I'm going to have to choose, basically, between NA and turbo. The B16A route has been done to death, but it works and would be a ton of fun in this car. However, I, personally, would like to take either a B18 (non-vtec) or a ZC and turbo it - I'd like to remote-mount a K03 turbo from a VW1.8t (they go for nothing on ebay all of the time, since that's the first thing to go when building that motor) and have a nice, instant-spooling turbo that makes the car feel more like it's running a V6 when I hit the gas. That's basically what a 1.8t feels like, and I think getting around 160/160 out of a ZC, or 180/180 with a B18, would be fairly easy - the 1.8t has that at the crank, and I don't have to make my engine push rose-scented air out of it's tailpipe. As much as I like VTEC, all of the VTEC in the world won't buy you any more torque. Screw being an internet hero, I want a car that's fast and driveable, not a dyno queen (as if I could afford to be one anyway!).

If Satan doesn't drop a bunch of money on my lap, I'm just going to go with a ZC. The car was fairly fun - if slow - with a 93hp (scratch that - burning oil like I was, I was probably lucky to make 80hp), I figure a 37hp shot in the arm would be nice. Faster than a Miata, and I can have three passengers and/or move a ton of crap!

As for the parts, the non-Teg parts were free. The yard I worked at was a recycling yard, literally - every car that wasn't an obvious classic or outright valuable was sent through the shredder. So my boss could really have given a **** about a few cents of steel or aluminum here or there - his words, not mine. I forgot to mention the 3A Racing stainless dual-canister muffler I got as well - I'm planning on running it out of the side behind the passenger door, in front of the rear wheel. It's one of those ricey mufflers with the two big tips pointing upwards, which I think would look cool flat-blacked with high-temp paint in that position. I'm planning on keeping the stock tip in the back - rust and oil soot and all - to confuse cops and passersby into thinking this car doesn't have anything done to it.

I've checked out the Recaros and the stock seats, and the rails from the stock seats will literally bolt on with some drilling to the rails - factory adjustability, even keeps the factory seat belt clip. Nice.

The wheels are only 14s, but god damn, they make the car look so much nicer. They're getting blacked out and fitted with Falkens, unless I get my settlement in which case I'll go with some Fliks - the lightweight, black five-spokes that they always advertise. Fifteens are plenty until I'm willing and able to drop money on a hugiferous high-tech brake system, which is likely never. The wheels are 'turbine' style from a 90 GS, as are the other parts. Hopefully my cousin didn't ruin the two-row radiator - only time will tell. Thankfully, the EF gen Civic got a radiator sized to cool more than a ride-on lawn mower, and the larger Teg radiator bolts right in, fans and all.

Who knows though - I had a dream last night, and I wanted to get this beast back up and running: my dad's aircooled, VW-based custom trike. Hell on wheels! First gear is for wheelstands only!

---<M13>---

Old 01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

lets get some pics man

Quick Reply: I've got all of the cool parts for my 91 hatch...