General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Just got into a F***ing accident

Old 11-28-2006, 03:53 PM
HCF Member
Default Just got into a F***ing accident

Dam seattle weather, fukken ice all over the road. But this is what happen. Was driving behind a 92 honda accord sedan and we were going down a small hill so i can go home cuz i just got off of work, and then she hits ice and i realize she's trying to get over, and i was going too also but this dumb scion tc was next to me and so i couldn't. So i try to stop but i got onto the icy plane and then went straight into her. And the bad thing is my car is super damage and hers isn't. I'm just glad i have great full coverage insurance, my collision deductible is 500 bucks so not too bad.

My Car:

Name:  accident5.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  54.2 KB
Name:  accident4.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  61.0 KB
Name:  accident3.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  59.1 KB
Name:  accident2.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  42.2 KB
Name:  accident.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  63.3 KB

Her Car (just dam scratches):

Name:  accident6.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  42.1 KB
Name:  accident7.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  41.9 KB

Old 11-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Just got into a F***ing accident

damn dude sorry to hear/see that...i know how you feel, having to get the car fixed and all...with your deductible, your car will be back to normal in no time...thats the good news

Old 11-28-2006, 04:00 PM
HCF Member

Why don't you learn how to drive on ice if you live in Seattle?

Old 11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

Why don't you learn how to drive on ice if you live in Seattle?

this is record breaking ****. We don't get this kinda ice and no 3-4 inch snow and 20 degree weather all at once. We had a weather breaking year literally.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

**** happens. I thought this kind of weather is normal for Seattle, though. Anyway, you now see the point of having ice driving skills even if this kind of weather does not happen too often, do you? Seattle is not Florida, you can't count on this not happening over there.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:16 PM

im real sorry this happened to you !!!!!

does this mean that accord are better than civics ? i wouldnt have chanced it i woulda took the bus. risk my car on ice and that much snow just to slide into someone or have them slide into me.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: masters
im real sorry this happened to you !!!!!

does this mean that accord are better than civics ? i wouldnt have chanced it i woulda took the bus. risk my car on ice and that much snow just to slide into someone or have them slide into me.
No, that means that because of the load transfer when braking, the car at the rear dives below the bumper of the car in front, and hits its bumper with radiator grill and headlights. My former wife had a similar accident with the same damage distribution.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya that doesnt look to bad... get the check and buy the parts, have em painted and put em on yourself maybe even a few new custom parts.... new headlights, grill...ect
i always HOPED someone would pull out infront of me wiht my truck cause then i coulda got a new caddy front end like i wanted.LOL

Old 11-28-2006, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

**** happens. I thought this kind of weather is normal for Seattle, though. Anyway, you now see the point of having ice driving skills even if this kind of weather does not happen too often, do you? Seattle is not Florida, you can't count on this not happening over there.

i've been driving for years and live in seattle my whole life, trust me i know how to drive in ice. this was unexpected and i couldn't stop nor turn out of it. NOthng could be done, and i wasn't gong fast at all and have car distance between myself and the next car, i think thats why it was so much damage, the car sped up going down the hill on that ice.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

You obviously don't know or just forgot. Keep pumpering yourself. Next time you might as well kill somebody. Or yourself. And if you keep lying to yourself that you have ice/snow driving skills, next time will come pretty soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got into a F***ing accident