General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

learned an important lesson today

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Default learned an important lesson today

just because someone hands you a clean title when you buy a car DOES NOT mean it isnt totaled . just means that they never had it re-titled since it was totaled .

just got back from the DMV, and i am ****ing PISSED.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:01 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: learned an important lesson today

that sucks ! seriously ....i have a buddy that bought a srt4 that was totaled and the same person got it all fixed and sold it for 5 grand to my buddy . it looks like it was never in a accedent. what did that DMV tell you?

Old 10-15-2007, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

From the looks of the car looks like it would be totaled[&:]

Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 PM

well that was the main selling point to me ..it was mostly replacing glass , bolting the part sback together , and a TON of cleanup ....i knew it had been vandalized but i was told "it was never turned in to insurance , so you put a little time and effort into it and you have a 3500 car "...and handed me the CLEAN title ..

oh well ..i mean its still been fun fixing it up and learning about the car as i go ..but still ..

people are dicks .

Old 10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: **Alan**
what did that DMV tell you?
x2.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

Car Fax is your friend. Don't trust anyone when buying stuff, especially something that is really expensive like a car. The guy is probably havign a hard time selling it because nobody wants a totaled car and telling the truth isnt' working.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:04 PM

if you mean "what did the dmv tell me AFTER i found it was totalled?"..they jus said i needed to bring the car in to check the vin number ...no biggie ...if you meant "why didnt you check wih the dmv FIRST ?...well that answer is I'm a complete dumbass i guess, and the fact that i HAD THE TITLE IN MY HAND THAT SHOWED "NO BRANDS ".....damn...also this .."if it seems too good to be true it probably is ".

sincerely,
D ***.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Car Fax is your friend. Don't trust anyone when buying stuff, especially something that is really expensive like a car. The guy is probably havign a hard time selling it because nobody wants a totaled car and telling the truth isnt' working.
no doubt, and i even saw that thread about "FREE CARFAX WHO NEEDS ONE" and thought to myself ...naaa i have the title right here , it says CLEEEEEEEAAAAAAN."

the guy is like a 50 yr old former biz owner ...so im assuming he didnt know??...or something....he hasnt returned my call as of yet ...im giving him till the end of the day ...do you think i should ask for some money back ?...i do ...even if it was only 800 bucks...he SPEFICALLY told me that the car had a clean title . or just write it off as me being stupid i guess ...imnot sure what recourse i have .??

Old 10-15-2007, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, I meant "what did the DMV tell you after you found it was totalled". Thanks for the response, I was curious.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM

yeah the girl there was actually all"you know sometimes its no big deal , could be something small like hail damage or something , we just need to verify the vin number on the car matches the title", so its not some chop shop frankenstein car i guess .

Quick Reply: learned an important lesson today