General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Libro

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
HCF Member
Default Libro

My recent acquisition of a 93 Civic coupe was without the manual, and as they rarely come, a FSM. I've found the former for $25 and the latter for $100 (single volume - $200 three-volume) on amazon. I've found a few versions of the FSM kicking about online, but though official-seeming, there are several different ones for my year and trim, so I'm leaning toward the feeling that they're unreliable - or I'm illiterate.
So my question: any preferred sources for these goods? Cheaper is better, so long as it is accurate! $25 for a 'glovebox manual' seems about right, but the last time I had to buy a FSM, it was two volumes for a little under $100. Too bad Bentley doesn't make one - and no, I won't be patronizing Haynes or Chilton.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Recognized HCF Member

The service manuals you find to download are the official books, but they are pirate copies. I thought that the owner's manual could be ordered from a dealer for like $5 or $10.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
HCF Member

I'd figured that the $tealership would be the most expensive option, so I didn't even bother considering them. I'll give them a call today and see what there is to see. Thanks.