General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

a little help i need asap... tonight

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 AM
HCF Member

just woke up... i had pulled the spark plug wires out lastnight already but thanx for still lettin me knw. and 94civichatchback, i knew bout all those things a thief can do but that whole magnet thing... wow i didn't know that one. and btw, i think its the same guy cause when i came out that time my alarm went off and saw the guy run across the street to the next apts, my roomate said he saw the same thing. (guy runnin across the street to the next apt) i asked him for the discription of wat he was wearin and it matched with wat i saw. (long white T and blue jean shorts). now i don't have a doubt if its the same guy who jacked my stereo. for now i just wanna be extra careful with my car til my damn lease is up in september. i'm plannin to rent a house with a 2 car garage. austin really isn't a bad place to live, just don't live in an apt. lol... i think this guy might not try to steal my car but you'd never know, but i think if its the same guy who jacked my stereo, he could just be probably tryin to pop my trunk to see if i got subwoofers (which i dont) cause i keep my trunk handle locked from inside. thanx for the help guys.

oh btw i was thinkin since i have a desktop i wanted to get a camera to watch my car all night. wat ya'll think?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 AM
HCF Member

Are you any good with wiring? Check out addiction's write up on a kill switch. It wont stop the pro's but it will stop some ghetto dude in a tall tee and jean shorts.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

Rather then unplugging the spark plugs just undo the dizzy plugs or the ground wires on the thermostat, that makes it so the injectors won't turn on.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Chubby Chaser

lol i work on cars all damn day long, i know how to start them if needed.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:16 AM
shawty

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Are you any good with wiring? Check out addiction's write up on a kill switch. It wont stop the pro's but it will stop some ghetto dude in a tall tee and jean shorts.
You just described every guy in a 20 mile radius of my house

hahah

Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

i'll look into the kill switch thing. this might be a dumb question but, can't i just disconnect the fuel injectors?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

Get a quick release steering wheel. That may help somewhat...lol

Old 05-20-2010, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

u knw i was just bout to say that! lol... any advice on wat type of adapter to get? my friend says any one as long as its not under $100. anyone knw a good deal on steerin wheel and adapter?

Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM

i've heard of people taking their ECU out of the car at night when they're worried about getting the car stolen.

It works... thieves don't carry around spare ECUs, and if any of them do, it's probably one in a million.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

lol... damn trust... nevr heard of that one. but like 94civic said, they can just push it and tow it away.

so wat ya'll think bout NRG steerin wheels and adapter?

Quick Reply: a little help i need asap... tonight