General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

May be getting a Honda

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:24 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: May be getting a Honda

Brothers friend used to drive a VW Jetta GTI. We used to drive it around in the snow and stuff. But it would make clunking noises from the sno w in the low profile wheels. LOl

Old 01-14-2007, 11:33 AM

Integras are heavier than Civics, but if you're looking for a car that you won't have to either a) swap the engine or b) turbo,a GSR is probably the most economic choice you could make, while still retaininga good deal ofquickness. They came with B18C1 engines.I could get into technical specs of this motor, but you probably wouldn't be interested in that much detail. I'll just say that the B-series capabilites have easily been explored more than any Honda engine ever,and they currently still have the largest aftermarket of parts available of any Honda platform. The all black interior on GSRs is worth mentioning also, as it is paticularly nice. I'd suggest test driving one if you can.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: johnnyGofast

I thought GSR's had like 180 hp and like alot more TQ. 128 Tq SUCKS? My moms Kia has more i think... haha.. Doesnt have enough tq to tighten the bolts on a ford ranger. Lol jkkk
the jdm ones do have 178 i believe, could be wrong though. And yeah no low end torque, but an 8k redline or whatever they have is hellafun

Old 01-14-2007, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

screw it man just grab up a prelude with a h22 in it and have your self some fun. I see them around for under 6k's

Old 01-14-2007, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

the gsr ( 18c1 ) is probably the best honda motor to tune. but going from european to asian is going to make you feel really sluggish unless your high ballin those gages the whole time. i understand what your talkin about , im not sure if i wanna get a 325 or an m3 now or later when i get a bit more money, so the costs things like civics and such looks nice. a turbo gsr is gonna be all kinds of silly fun but the low end could really bug ya, even tho parma is pretty flat. so, that can really only be your call on if having that lack of power ect. will bother you or not, or how much. if thats cool. then yeah a lude with a 22 or a gsr is a great idea, or a civic with either swap. still gonna have fwd like the jetta so you have that to bug you too.

if it was me and i was forces to go asian for a lil. i would get a impreza.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 PM
HCF Member

the GSRs have dual stage intakes that breathe better at high RPMs.

kinda like vtec kicking in but on the intake manifold side.

little japanese sports coupes are totally different from european sedans/pocket rockets. they rely on handling and gearing vs. torque to put smiles on your faces.

my advice to you is to see if a local integra GSR/LS owner will let you take his car out for a spin.

I had a WRX which is a helluva lot faster than any VW or integra, but that's all it was. fast. there wasn't any fun in driving it beyond the stoplight drag races.

integras put a smile on your face for different reasons. they're track tools made for the real world. it's amazing how well my car handles compared to my WRX.

btw, if youre serious about getting a teg, check autotrader (where i got mine) or go to www.team-integra.net and check the local for sale boards. you can find some awesome deals on GSRs every once in a while.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

btw, i forgot to mention that b series mods are limitless.

skunk2, dc sports, tanabe, etc. all made their name with honda/acura mods, so dont worry about being able to mod an integra.

thats half the fun of owning a b-series car. there's always something else you can buy for your car.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

hey andry, you up north?

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...PagePosition=3

Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

hey andry, you up north?

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...PagePosition=3
damn. As I said, I will also need to get rid of my VW. Not sure how long it's going to take. Nevertheless, I'm pretty much set on a Honda. Heck if I can find one for the right price, I might even go for an EK

Old 01-14-2007, 10:52 PM
HCF Member

forget the EK, unless you plan on doing a swap.

get an EG and drop in a B series, even a GSR engine.

EGs weigh nothing and are serious track/race tools if you mod them a little.

as for me, I was intent on getting an EG last summer, but nobody was selling, then I decided to buy my integra and I've never looked back.

never will either, because integra handling pwnz.

Quick Reply: May be getting a Honda