General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

messed up tire

Old 05-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Default messed up tire

Hey all, im new to the forum and new to the tuning world..lol i dunt kno **** u can say...

Well i recently bought some 18s rims and tire..u kno the nice small sleek tires and some nice looking rims...and i bought all 4 for $450..i thought it was a good buy until i find out that one of the tires has like a bubble in it and the rim is dented making it look more of like an egg shaped rim...this was in the back part and i hadn't noticed b4 until i pulled out and the tires would make all types of noises while i was driving..i thought it needed a balance but no this **** turned up...so im gonna get my money back for the tires because i dunt want no messed up tires..but i was wondering if it would be better to try and fix them at some shop or just get my $450 back. Thanks.

Seb.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:38 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: messed up tire

i guess it all depends, do you like them? do u have any pics? a goodset of 18's are expensive. u got a pretty good deal on them, u might as well repair the rim

Old 05-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i had preaty much the same thing happen to me... bent rim and a large bubble....

heres an idea for ya go to your tire shop and tell them you got a leak in the tire and would like it patched....... THEN when they come back to you saying that they cannt find a leak but you have a large buble on the tire then tell them... man im realy short on cash right now im not sure if ill be able to buy a new tire for awhile....
THEN HOPEFULLY......... if they are realy cool they will cut you a deal on the new tire
thats basicaly how i got my last 2 tires cheaper than the first two i bought a month earlier. LMFAO
saved 13bucks a tire.....
might not be to much BUT beter than nothing!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 06:14 PM

well another thing is...that when i had the tires on without knowing about the damaged tire n rim...the wheels would make all types of noises when i drove..not just that front messed up wheel but the rear ones as well...making me think that mayb the tires are too big for the car..or mayb im just mistaken...i just dont want to go through the trouble of paying to fix the bubble and dented rim and have it not work or sometin. Here are some pics of the tires..let me know what ya'l think

I don't have a pic of the messed up tire cause the dude has it...he also offered me way back if i wanted to keep the tires and he'l give me $350 back..i dunt know if he still has that offer up..lol

Old 05-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well if it bothers you that much go for it just get your money back......
18s are alittle large for a civic but a FEW people do run them..

search the forum for a tire calculator....... type in your stock tire size a nd then these new wheels tire size and see if the outter diameter is the right size or not....

but id think if you did any rubbing it would be infront first.... thats where i had my rubbing with my used 17s with to large of tires.... the back never had any problem fiting