General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Money Issue...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:37 PM
HCF Member
Default Money Issue...

I'm sorry, but I'm just wondering a few things. Like how do you people get the money to do this crazy stuff to your cars that I read about? And how old are you to be making that kind of money? Do you guys rob banks? I know I probably sound dumb here, but I really don't understand it. I work on my own car too, but the parts still cost money. Freakin' turbo kits, coilovers, body kits... I mean I've got a full exhaust, rims/tires, an intake, and a little for appearance but I'm still saving up for my next upgrades!

Old 01-26-2007, 12:14 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Money Issue...

just work and save. you usually have to cut back on other stuff, like fast food and cds, and just take it one step at a time. Ive been building mine for about 5 years now, and its been one part at a time, and most of the money just comes from my normal job. and btw, im 24 and work in construction. its a great place to start young, esp if you arent sure what your long term plans are. you can make good money, its pretty fun work, and you always have it to fall back on.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:31 AM
HCF Member

Seriously, learn how to weld. Take a class in it and get certified. I just got a job welding water pipe $25 an hour. Its easy, and the pay is great. Plus anywhere in the world you ever go you will be able to find a job and make good money. Not only that but you get to play with fire and explsove gasses all day long. LOL

Old 01-26-2007, 01:56 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: windcalmer

Seriously, learn how to weld. Take a class in it and get certified. I just got a job welding water pipe $25 an hour. Its easy, and the pay is great. Plus anywhere in the world you ever go you will be able to find a job and make good money. Not only that but you get to play with fire and explsove gasses all day long. LOL
I wonder how many welders were like "Man, I can't wait to get ceritified so I can play with fire and explosive gasses all day long".

Now that I think about it, probably a lot of them... [:-]

I just started my car, but all my money comes from my job of being an assistant manager at a family restaurant... and I'm only 19.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:56 AM
HCF Member

basically, we all just save up the money to do what we want to do. and some of the guys, like sacicons, have been working on their cars for years

Old 01-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Like all these guys said, you just need to save and take it one step at a time. My turbo setup was like a 6 month buying process. Bought a chunk of what I needed in December, then over the next 4 or 5 months just bought things piece by peice until I had it all ready to go.

I'm 23 and am an IT Coordinator

Old 01-26-2007, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

ORIGINAL: windcalmer

I wonder how many welders were like "Man, I can't wait to get ceritified so I can play with fire and explosive gasses all day long".

Now that I think about it, probably a lot of them... [:-]
Really I got into welding because I needed to be able to weld for a project I have been working on for about five years now. I just came to find out the the explosive gases and fire were some of the perks. LOL

Old 01-26-2007, 01:01 PM

hey bud, if you want cash fast and parts for your car. start sellin crack. tellin you mad money in that industry...................

Old 01-26-2007, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

I live at home and dont really have any other expenses. I just save up my money. I havent done anything to expensive eather..

Old 01-26-2007, 01:37 PM
HCF Member

Hey, thanks everyone for your advice. I was just wondering cause I find it hard to make enough money for my car along with having to pay the bills and everything else. I guess I will just cut back on anything that isn't neccessary. Going out to eat, movies, and fast food take a lot from me. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Money Issue...