General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

my car

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Default my car

i just bought a 1998 civic ex that is in pretty good shape so i plan on keeping it for a while. so what suggestions do you have oncustomization. im unsure about what to get first and how much it will cost and what parts are better than others.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: my car

do a search on here for now cause there are SOO many thread and too much stuff we could tell you...look that stuff up and see what you like and we could help you out a bit more cause like i said this thread could go on forever with ppl's opinions.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:44 PM

k what where should i start audio wise

Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 PM
HCF Member

again thats a really big general thing your asking...depends on what you want.Do you want all thump...do you want sound quality...or do you want a bit of both??? What kind of budget do you have to work with??? Are you looking to save space or just go all out??...Alot of these things you have to wonder about when you start...so just let us know what you want and we will help you out as much as possible.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:49 PM
HCF Member

If I just bought a new car, that was mainly stock, I would think 3 things, Subs, Rims, and maybe some minor external upgrades to stand out, i.e. Headlight assembly replacement, maybe tinted windows, or a body item like a lip kit, etc..

If I was on a budget, I would probably do more noticeable things first, like rims. They are by far one of the single best investments you can make for any car, imo. Plan on spending anywhere from 500-700 for even a cheaper end set with tires.

If you don't care as much on the outside, and drive it alot, think audio. Maybe get yourself a nice respectable set of 10's, or even 1 very good 10, if your not a hard core jammer. A honda is built for great car audio, 1 10, or 12" speaker can really unleash the power of all your favorite music, and it won't set you back as much as a pair and a super large amp.

There are tons of options.. You could go with some minor engine mods, but on a budget you won't notice a huge improvement until you start dipping into the thousands.

Weigh out your options, and then ask us for some product ideas, or etc.. You've got a ton of aftermarket support, the options are endless.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

Audio: get Alpine or JL Audio 6.5" and 6x9"s, then get one 12" Alpine or JL sub with a mono amp. To run it all, i recommend an Alpine head unit. Remember, bass isnt everything, you need hte highs to sound good.

Most people will say go perfromance or suspension first, and i agree, but i think a lip kit would be a nice touch up looks-wise.

But yeah, kinda just wanted to type a response...you should really use the Search feature.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 PM

yeah audio wise i was set on an alpine head unit.and i also plan on replacing the door and rear deck speakers but im not sure what speakers to buy but for the four something under $250. amp and subwoofer i have no idea whats good or bad.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:03 PM

have ne of u heard of a crutchfield.com and if so is a good place to order audio items because it looks very legit.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:09 PM

I've used them several times and have not been disappointed. However you can save a few bucks from others, but it really isn't worth the hassle and the freebies crutch give ya (harnesses and such) makes up for it.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

^^^^ very true...when i ordered my kenwood x889 i dont think anyone could have done better and hooked you up with more then them....instructions on paper and free calling advice and everything.

Quick Reply: my car