General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 11:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!

To me Ferrari has never been a status symbol (thats reserved for Mercedes-Benz). Do alot of people buy a Ferrari b/c its a status symbol? Yes. But when i see a Ferrari i see an amazing machine and a marvel of engineering, not a status symbol.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

To me Ferrari has never been a status symbol (thats reserved for Mercedes-Benz). Do alot of people buy a Ferrari b/c its a status symbol? Yes. But when i see a Ferrari i see an amazing machine and a marvel of engineering, not a status symbol.
Status being...I have $5000.00 to do a tune up every 500 miles. I'm not afraid to pay 1200.00 to detail my ride.....I can spend loads of money on a race tuned ride that can't really be enjoyed on city streets or highways...LOL

My wife worked for a doctor who had 1 turbo'd porsche and 2 Ferrari's one used (the horror) and 1 new. Wish I could have borrowed one for a quick spin

Old 10-11-2006, 11:52 PM

Dont ever say that one car company is "reserved" as a status symbol. Wrong. Ferrari is one..of many.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:13 AM
HCF Member

Ferrari is more than a status symbol. Mercedes Benz really doesn't have much going for it right now other than bieng a "rich" person's car

Old 10-12-2006, 12:15 AM
mxs
HCF Member

http://www.ronpatrickstuff.com/

click it

Old 10-12-2006, 12:16 AM

ferraris belong on a track with turns...how many ferraris do u see at the drag strip or ppl goin all out on mods to go in a straight line with em? not many, personally i've never seen one. how many do u see doing road racing? lots...

Old 10-12-2006, 01:12 AM
HCF Member

mxs that beatle is sweet, i might put one of those things in my civic... i'm going to school for mechanical engineering so i think i can do it lol

Old 10-12-2006, 04:58 AM

maybe me being stupid and narrow minded, but no matter what I would have a civic that could beat a ferrari than a ferrari, just because it is a civic that can beat a FERRARI!!!

I cant think of anything better!

what you reckon?

Old 10-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: ProjectH

Dont ever say that one car company is "reserved" as a status symbol. Wrong. Ferrari is one..of many.
Have you ever driven a Ferrari? They are MUCH more than a status symbol. LIke someone above said, some people do buy them just to say they have a ferrari, but the majority of their clientel is composed of die hard performance fans. My uncle use to have a 355 Spyder, hell of a car let me tell you. Yes it was expensive to maintain, but well worth it. And he drove it daily all summer long, it really wasn't all that bad of a ride

Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 AM

a guy that lives up the street from my aunt in virginia has owned to date: a 355 spyder, and a f430 coupe...

also currently in his garage...

Acura NSX
Porche Cayenne Turbo S
911 Turbo
and of course the F430....

Quick Reply: My Civic Will Beat A Ferrari!