General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 PM
HCF Member
Default My Hatchback

Well i own a Civic hatchback and i really like it nice mpg,cars in great shape, and i see many possibilities for it but none of them can be done until this summer. One of the reasons is because its my dd and for some reason my parents dont seem to think that its a good idea to buy a rolling chasis and then fixing it up like the interior and engine etc etc.
They seem to think its best to start with a car that runs which i see no problem with...i guess..andafter reading a couple post looks like im not the only one in this situation though.
anyway my civic is a 94 so ive been checking out possibilities for swaps and things i might want to do to it , and b16 swap is one of the things on my list. now im in a bit of a dilemma here would it be worth it to just put money into it for the swap and a couple mods and just continue from there or would it be smart to just pick a different car that can give me more hp/torque if i decide to swap it.
Not that i dont like my civic or anything but the racing scene where i live is a little intense..... nah lol i wish everyone that lives in my neighborhood either drives an sti,evo or Mustang mostly Cobras and 5.0s. At school its more 240sx civics, integrasand rx8s now i guess what im bassicaly trying to say is do you think i would stand a chance with my civic and a b16 swap and probably a tranny with Lsd Against say something like and stock or lightly modded sti or 5.0?
well ive been looking at Eclipse (No awd versions around here ) 90-93 Da integra, Crx or 240sx which one do you think would make a decent car?
one last question though would there be any difference inBuilding an eclipse integra or civic though?
i know that eclipse would be the heaviest out of the 3 and the civic would probably be the lightest but would an integra be faster after a swap then a civic?
i know alot of these question are kind of bland and im forgetting to add in alot of things but im having one of those car crisis you know where you have so many options you cant decide
please give me your feedback thanks
oh yeah i know my civic would get blown out of the way if i went to houston
because my friend got torn apart by a cobra Svt and a Stage 2 sti

Old 03-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Default RE: My Hatch back

HEavily modified Civic could beat those other cars. That is.. If they're stock. If you get the chance, get a car with a bigger motor. Unless you just like Civics.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:17 PM
HCF Member

You might look into swapping a bigger k series motor in your car, or a big turbo on a b series to keep up with stis

Old 03-30-2008, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

I am an eclipse fan, been in that croud for the past 10 years. I got my 96 Eclipse by trading a laptop. My build-up was under 5k and that included my built trans. That was a big turbo, FMIC, Walbro, Injectors, SAFC and GM MAF, Header (then it was sent to JETHOT2000), Apexi N1 Turbo back exhaust, and all the other stuff that went to support it. My trans was built by IPT and had the entire level 10, that car wasSTUPID fast. Very rarely did I lose a race. The AWD DSM's are insane if built up right.
Yes they are the heaviest, but its the build up that is cost effective if your on a budget. These are all my opinions, others may disagree. I just look at a lot of people on this forum swapping in engines, then doing the turbo. If you want to boost find a car that came turbo charged to start with. Doing that and your build up is going to be less. On those cars instead of trying to swap in engines all your doing is changing out a head gasket to lower the compression, putting in head studs and boosting it tell the wheels come off. There is a lot more to it than that, but you need to do the research.

I am not saying a civic couldn't hang with the stangs, and STI's, but it isn't going to be cheap....

Old 03-30-2008, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

Thanks alot guys
thatswhat i really wanna dois just make a nice build and be able to really hang with those cars not that im saying swapping and turboing is a bad idea but i dont wanna end up putting the retail price of an sti into my civic just for it to be able to beat if not be close to beating one

5k build sounds sick and like a very good deal but sadly i cant find any awd eclipses around my area

Im thinkin 240sx or crx though...maybe?

Nvm Forget about the integra i checked the master weight list and saw that they are pretty heavy compared to civic hatches and even coupes

Old 03-30-2008, 06:39 PM
HCF Member

1slowcivic how about the N/a Fwd versions of the eclipse those anygood or would i be taking one step forward and two steps back?

Old 03-30-2008, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 1slowcivic

I am an eclipse fan, been in that croud for the past 10 years. I got my 96 Eclipse by trading a laptop. My build-up was under 5k and that included my built trans. That was a big turbo, FMIC, Walbro, Injectors, SAFC and GM MAF, Header (then it was sent to JETHOT2000), Apexi N1 Turbo back exhaust, and all the other stuff that went to support it. My trans was built by IPT and had the entire level 10, that car wasSTUPID fast. Very rarely did I lose a race. The AWD DSM's are insane if built up right.
Yes they are the heaviest, but its the build up that is cost effective if your on a budget. These are all my opinions, others may disagree. I just look at a lot of people on this forum swapping in engines, then doing the turbo. If you want to boost find a car that came turbo charged to start with. Doing that and your build up is going to be less. On those cars instead of trying to swap in engines all your doing is changing out a head gasket to lower the compression, putting in head studs and boosting it tell the wheels come off. There is a lot more to it than that, but you need to do the research.

I am not saying a civic couldn't hang with the stangs, and STI's, but it isn't going to be cheap....
DSM are inclredibly fast.......but they are always breaking down.
And to the original poster, stis cost upwards of 30,000, you can buy a civic and have a nice big engine and turbo for about 20,000 or less

Old 03-31-2008, 06:14 AM
HCF Member

hmmmm...the DSM breaking down part.....thats a matter of opinion. I don't think they are any worse than any other car that you start modifiying heavily.

In answer to your question don't even look at the N/A version of the eclipse, thats another costly route. The FWD GS-T isn't as good as the GSX but still can make the same amount of power(same engine 4G63)just not put it down as effeciently.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 AM
HCF Member

I have a cousin that has a turbo eagle and he tells me that he cant spend as much on mods because its always breaking down. And then there was something (forgot the name) where the engine just stops working, and its time for a new engine