General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

my poor little si =(

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Default my poor little si =(

On my lunch break yesterdayand more than half way out of the parking spot at Panera and some frickin lady decides not to look in her rear view and comes flyin out of her spot, I lay on the horn...but of course it doesn't matter. Frickin smacks right into my car before I could get it in 1st to go forward. I get out ready to kill and she can bearly speak English! She was sayin I'm so sorry I didn't see you. I'm like no sh*t! It didn'tcrack, but there is the slightest dent. There is quite a scuff mark on my bumper. No gouges or anything...and the surface is smooth when u run ur finger across it except for one little crease in the paint. U can definitely see it tho. GRRRRRRRRRR! I'm not happy. There was no sense in calling the cops cuz we were on private property and there's nothing they would do. And I'm not gonna turn it into my insurance cuz there is not enough damage done for the deductible. But still! All I could say to her was there are 3 mirrors on ur car for a purpose, f'in use em next time. Then I just got in my car. Honda dealership said it is buffable but they won't do it there.. gotta take it to a body shop they deal with here... all buffable except the little crease.. that they would need to sand her down and re-paint. Uggg! What will they do for the little dent...just suck it out? A lot of people said rear lip will cover it.. but I'm not sure..It goes up over right onthe top curve of the bumper. I'll post some pics.. Couldn't get great ones cuz of the sunshine. [/align]Good news tho, my car goes in for the 3rd gear fix on Thursday! So we'll see how they do with it. I plan on gettin a detailed list of what they do. Here is the pics.. My poor little tainted car..never been in an accident in my life.. have this car for onlyalmost 2 months andsome stupid person who can't drive gets me. =([/align]Name:  mycar3.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  36.1 KB[/align][/align]Name:  mycar2.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  30.9 KB[/align][/align]Name:  mycar.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  37.1 KB[/align]

Old 04-22-2008, 11:24 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: my poor little si =(

That sucks! I can't count how many times stupid people have almost hit me because they weren't paying attention and wanted to change lanes or what ever... I'm sorry your car has a boo boo now.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 AM

I know.. I shoulda b*tch slapped the **** waffle lady! Uggg I was so mad...now I'm just sad.. =(

Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

did you get the info of the lady to pay for the damage?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:40 AM

ya, private property... she had more damage than me tho..cuz my car is tough..whoo ha! lol... will do me no good. She didn't ask for my info.
Isn't worth my deductible with turnin it into my insurance.. $100 to buff it out, $300-$400 to repaint it.. what like $300 for a rear liP??? My deductible is $500 ..I think??

Old 04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

Im sorry to hear that. These things are always a unfortunate event. Btw please get some better pictures, because all i see is the reflection of flash, therefore the picture quality is not that great.

Anyways how did your oil change adventure go? do it correctly?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Man that sucks...you should always get a police report though and get the other ladie's insurance info. If she didnt have insurance it's against the law on private property or not. If she did have insurance they would have paid for it.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

yeah. she hit you, you dont have to pay a dime. you should have gotten her info. sorry to hear about it though. never fun, esp in a new car.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:49 PM

I had the same thing happen to me in my school parking lot. I started to back up, but saw that the kid on the other side of the parking lot wasn't looking in his mirror and i knew he was about to back up so i stopped. I was out of my spot about 5 feet (left him PLENTY of room). He proceeds to back up, as expected and then, crosses over the middle of the parking lot, even though he was far enough out to go, keeps going, so I hit the horn and hold it, and he still backs up, right into my back bumper right behind the rear wheel. I sware, people constantly cut through this parking lot, my school is in between 2 neighborhoods. Who backs up into a usually busy parking lot without looking once?

Luckily I didn't get a dent, just a scratch, so I bought touch up paint from auto zone and it covered it up. Then, later that week, the kid almost hit my girlfriend's dad (the same way - not paying attention) when he was picking her up from school. This kid needs his license revoked before someone gets hurt.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

Make the lady pay for it, this guy hit me from the back once, and i got all his info, then i took it to a bodyshop for an estimate, and told him exactly how much it was gonna cost..........then i went to a junkyard and fixed it myself then pocketed the cash lol. But yeah that definitively looks like it can be buffed off. Give it a car wash and see how bad it really is

Quick Reply: my poor little si =(