General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My SI

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:18 PM
July 2010 ROTM

springs are more expensive than name brand adjustable coilovers? i disagree. what you do to the car all depends on what driving style suits you. suspension IMO, is def the way to go. Ground control springs and koni yellows, wheels, and tinted windows. thats just me tho...

Old 11-04-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by MBrent
springs are more expensive than name brand adjustable coilovers? i disagree. what you do to the car all depends on what driving style suits you. suspension IMO, is def the way to go. Ground control springs and koni yellows, wheels, and tinted windows. thats just me tho...
Maybe its an LA thing. Every shop I go to, coilovers are cheaper. Or else Id just buy springs.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by A2H_24
1) Id lower them with coilovers, instead of springs. Springs are better, but def more expensive, unless you got the hookups.
Umm.. what? Coilovers (real coilovers, not sleeves) cost a hell of a lot more than springs. Coilovers average about $1k for a good set on 8th gens. Springs are like $300 or so I would think.

2) Intake is going to cost you more than the older cars, because your car is new. Look it up and you'll see.
+1, in fact, almost any type of modification, unless universal, will probably cost more for you vehicle than the same mod for an older Civic.

3) If you wanna get more exterior, get some fog lights. Fog lights look sick on Si's. Also, get a different emblem. I'd get it Red, but they also got a charcoal one.
+1

4) Exhaust, headers, etc is ALL gonna cost you more because your car is new. My advice, just drop the car, and leave it that way. Stock Si's already come fine. What color is your car anyway? Pics?
+1... I hope it is that darker red color. MMMMM I like!

BTW, congrats on the car. I got an 07 Sedan too, but an automatic EX. [/QUOTE]

Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM

yeah.. this is the info on the springs i found....(made by Eibach)

Sport-Plus Kit (Sportline Springs & Anti-Roll-Kit Sway Bars)
Si - Engine: 2.0L 4Cyl
FRONT: 1.4 in - REAR: 1.4 in
Mfg# 4.3140.880, NOPI# 598+0831
Features: •SPORTLINE KIT + ANTI-ROLL-KIT = PRO-PLUS Performance Handling Package.
•Performance Springs and Sway Bars= Superior Handling for the Serious Enthusiast
•Precise Turn-in Response, Improved Handling and Enhanced Cornering Grip—in any Performance Driving Situation
•Stop Quicker, Corner Faster and get better MPG*
•Simple Bolt-On, With No Modifi cations: Just Install, Set the Alignment and Carve
•Excellent Ride Quality
•Million Mile Warranty

this is the info on the cold air intake that im really interested in (takeda)

Cold Air Intake System
Takeda Intakes
2006-10 Honda Civic Si L4-2.0L (Polished)
TA-1004B
Type Price
$261.45 Buy
MSRP: $311.25 You Save: $49.80

The Takeda Attack Intake is a true cold air intake system and produces and astonishing 21hp, 23lbs. x ft. torque and outflows the factory intake by 63%. Unlike other intakes on the market, the 1-piece cold air intake for the Civic Si requires no cutting of your inner fender well on the driver's side. Takeda intakes are constructed out of lightweight clear coat anodized tubing (TA-1004P) for maximum air flow and to ensure your intake system will not oxidize and keep that mirror polish for years to come. This intake is also available in a maintenance-free wrinkle black powder coat finish (TA-1004B). Each intake uses a large 360 degree high flow PRO Dry S air filter for maximum flow, filtration and convenience. The PRO Dry S air filter requires no oils and cleans with simple soap and water. Takeda intakes come complete with all tubing, filters, couplers and hardware for an easy installation. Also included is a Takeda Synthetics Pre-Filter to ensure optimal protection of your filter from dust, mud, and water splashing.
Weight: 8 lbs

and that all i checked into for now but im gonna keep doing my research... thanks for the continuing input please anymore ideas even if they are out there just let me know... and if you want to see picture of the car i put some in the garage....

Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I would not expect power gains anywhere near those numbers on an N/A Honda. They probably got the 21hp/23ftlbs off of a car running F/I post tune.

@A2H_24. I think we might be experiencing a terminology miscommunication. Coilovers are always going to be more expensive than springs. Springs are just that, 1 piece of the overall package that is coilovers.

OP, unless you're frequenting the road course and/or AutoX (like, more than once a year), you don't have to spend the money on Adjustable Coilovers.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:10 AM

so i mean if i got my car tuned after i put the intake on do you think that would work.. or would it be best to get everything i want then get it tuned all at once.... and i have decided to get the springs and the koni yellow shocks.... but there is a place not to far from where i live that is amazing when it comes to tuning Honda's

Old 11-05-2010, 05:34 AM
HCF Member

I agree with everyone else on here about doing suspension first. But they forgot to add the HFP lip kit. Makes the car look 5x better.

And yes new rims for sure. Look into enkei rpf1. A lot of 8th gens run those rims and they look amazing. Expensive but amazing.

I also have an 8th gen. 07 sedan, but its a 5speed and my first mod is going to be rims and drop. And then hfp lip.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 AM

this is my car it has all of the HFP stuff on it by the way... i think it looks sick i just want to to minor to the appearance but more to make it faster and handle better....

Name:  lancescar.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  107.1 KB

Name:  lancescar2.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  76.8 KB

Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by lance_waldrop
this is my car it has all of the HFP stuff on it by the way... i think it looks sick i just want to to minor to the appearance but more to make it faster and handle better....

Sell it to me, when you need a bigger car for your kids

Old 11-06-2010, 07:23 AM

you know it was pretty awsome she really didnt even try to play that whole card you know like well im pregnant so we need to get a family car as a matter of fact if i did sell it she would probly shoot us both.....lol....not to metion i love it to death......