General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

need opinions on my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:16 AM
HCF Member
Default need opinions on my car

Ok so to start my car needs a lot of work at this point, I'm trying to get opinions on what to do. In 5 monts I have emissions testing coming up, hopefully I pass because if I don't time for a new car, so before then I'm working to improve my overall car.
Thing is, it has a few dings etc, and damage to the passenger door from a hit and run.
I want to know what you guys think mostly about the looks though.
Before you trash me for having alpine stickers though, I used to compete in audio with this car, although no longer, and I figured too much work to remove the stickers.

Name:  Picture002.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  Picture005-12.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  Picture001-23.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  74.2 KB

I'm not the biggest fan of the altezza but not sure if it's worth spending 100 bucks to replace them with the OEM, keep in mind i still have to pay this car off, 1000 dollars more, and for all i know I might not have it for over another 4 or 5 months so I'm at a loss of what to do

edit: why won't image tags work half the time?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Default RE: need opinions on my car

fixed the pictures for u. if u want to post pics, u have to wrap the link with [IMG]paste link here[/IMG] or press the picture icon and do it that way.

clean car and nice start. removing the stickers only takes like 5mins lol.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 AM
HCF Member

the wheels with that color look really good....could use a drop as the next thing imo...and yeah stickers take 5 min to remove (even when you were competing, unless they sponsored you I wouldnt have run them then either)

And a temporary way to make those tails at least look better for cheap...is tint them

Here's mine tinted...

Name:  Picture025.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  73.1 KB

Old 01-11-2008, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

The spray tint? I was told that doesn't work very well though so I'm not too sure
I agree on a drop but I'm concerned about the loss of vehicle control if I don't get a high end suspension for it, and at that point we're talking way out of my price range lol

I don't want to remove the vinyls because I don't want to damage the paint, i know it's hard to see in that pic but it's definitely damaged already in a few areas

Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM

I think the car looks, ok... worth keeping if possible, have it dropped when you can, and the spray tint is ok... use the whole can(depending how dark you want it) and use many, many, many, light layers from about 30cms (one foot) and wait for each layer to dry before applying a new layer (it wont take long if you do light layers) i did it on a friends car lasted about 2 yearsish and then we had to do it again because it became a little light... though i do really like the look of it on lexus lights (altezas) as when your lights are off you can't see anything other than a black tail light, and then i do like the shape of the light on lexus lights when it burns through the tint. Though i am very happy with my standard lights now, and will keep them OEM FTW!!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

needs to be lowered man, get ride of that wheel gap

Old 01-11-2008, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

Lose the stickers. Is that a reflection or the fuel door?

Old 01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

i agree with everyone else, get a drop on the car. you will not lose vehicle control with a lowered suspension. look into getting a good set of lowering springs or coilovers. do not give into buying off brand ebay stuff when doing car mods. you will pay for it in the long run.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:39 PM
mxs
HCF Member

If it fails emissions, why would you get rid of the car instead of just fixing it?!!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

new suspension.

Quick Reply: need opinions on my car