General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Need pricing help guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
HCF Member
Question Need pricing help guys

Ok so I have an obd1 ls in my civic. I am thinking of going back to a d series and going with a mild boost. I am either trading my ls for a z6 or y8 plus cash. I was wondering what the average price for ls drop outs are. I have had a few offers for just my tranny, i guess its a wanted tranny since its a hydro with great gear ratio. So my question is what is the average price of a full ls drop out, just the tranny and the engine without the tranny, it would include the ecu, axles and mounts obviously. It has 70k original miles, matching numbers on the tranny and engine, no leaks or knocks in the engine and the tranny shifts perfectly, no grinds or popping out of gear. It has an ACT stage 1 or 2 clutch (cant remeber right now which one) and a Greddy Header. I wont be on here until Thursday so if possible please text me at 513 846 1143. You guys have been awesome answering questions so far so thanks in advance to all the help.

To the mods: This is not my way of getting around the minimum post requirements to post in the FS threads. I'm honeslty just looking to see what i can get out of my setup so i dont screw myself and sell it dirt cheap. It came with my car so im clueless to the price of the dropout.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

the wire tuck looks so good though lol

Old 09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

lol it doesnt have a wire tuck tho, i wish it did, it only has the ac removed. when i put my new engine in i am doing a mild tuck, relocate the battery and fuse box and hide a few easy wires.
thanks for the complament though

Old 09-02-2009, 05:17 AM
HCF Member

why not just save up and boost this engine?
you will be able to get more power and then you dont have to swap engines and then install the turbo you can just install the turbo

Old 09-02-2009, 07:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by hamorhead
why not just save up and boost this engine?
you will be able to get more power and then you dont have to swap engines and then install the turbo you can just install the turbo
this.

Saving yourself the headaches of selling your engine, finding a clean d series swap, installing it, than looking for a turbo, than installing that.

when your engine will produce more power, like hamorhead said.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

well i was going to do that then my tire blew and messed up some body panels and i want to get them all fixed. i have a few offers on the table and found a clean y8 dropout cheap. tranny and clutch are gone for 600 and the engine, ecu, axles and mounts are gone for 800. The y8 is only 550 so ill be coming out 850 on top to ge tthe body work taken care of.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

pssh who needs a body when you can go fast lol

Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 AM
HCF Member

lol, i prefer to have speed and nice eye candy, ls's are a dime a dozen so for now ill ge tthe body fixed and then drop another ls or something in it. But seriously I don't race often or beat my car so could careless if i have something slow in it. Around here we drive slow so ppl can admire what we have. If we fly by doing 100 mph ppl cant appreciate what you've done to your car because they dont have time to check it out

Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 AM
HCF Member

well i have the tranny and clutch sold for 600. bought a complete y8 dropout for 500 and still have my mounts, ecu, header, engine, axles and harness to sell. Everything worked out like i hoped. I get picture happy so im sure ill have a thread in the projects sections showing the swap, body work and mild wire tuck for anyone interested

Old 09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
HCF Member

I like this guy. Why blaze by when your ride is clean? Roll slow. Roll low. =)
Pop in Ludacris' Two miles an hour and cheese. =) Good stuff.

Hell yeah man - post some pictures of the swap! Show people how to do a nice tuck. +1

Quick Reply: Need pricing help guys