General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

need some advice 08 si

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 05:17 PM
HCF Member
Default need some advice 08 si

hey, i got a 08si and its sittinon 20's and yesss bunch of people say why would u put ur civic on 20's but i think its sweet and recieve alot of compliments on it..anyway what i need help on is deciding on what springs i should get because i want to lower it to the top of my rim, and also i was looking at a K&N intake, but they dont have one for the 08 yet and i was wondering if i could use the 06si intake that they have? thanks!

ALSO in the pic with my wheels on i just put them on so the springs haven't adjusted yet but it sits lower then in the pic.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27929/0844CC17DA694224B39EDA0E786FF9E6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Default RE: need some advice 08 si

hmm, i don't know if they make them for your car yet, but for a small drop and good handling, I recommend the H&R Sport Springs. If you lower it does it look like the wheels will tuck in the fenders or does it look like they will rub?

i like the black rims on the red car.

<borat> very nice! </borat>

Old 01-26-2008, 11:44 PM
HCF Member

honestly man that looks alot better then i thought it would. a nice drop would look deadly haha

Old 01-27-2008, 12:56 AM
HCF Member

As long as the rims are the correct offset, the tires are the same overall diameter as stock, and the combo isn't too wide, you shouldn't have any fitment problems. The wheelwells on the newer Civics fit larger wheels.

Springs don't "adjust" to new wheels and tires. New springs may settle after being installed or over-loaded, but swapping wheels has little to no inherent effect on existing springs.

Most parts from an '06 Si should fit your car.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Kommando

Springs don't "adjust" to new wheels and tires. New springs may settle after being installed or over-loaded, but swapping wheels has little to no inherent effect on existing springs.
Maybe he means since it's a new car that the springs are still settling. That's kinda whatI see it as meaning. If it hasn't been driven much at all since being made, it could still be settling, right?

If they're still settling I would wait to see how much room you have for a drop before you choose how much lower you want to go.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

yah thats what i mean like 2 hours after i changed the wheels the car sat lower then in the pic, im thinking about lowering to the top of the rim and rolling the fenders ifi have to, the wheels would tuck in the fenders if i had to do it.so if everything thats for a 06si is the same for the 08 then i might just go get a quote for the H&R sport springs. Also i was reading a thread before and it said lowering the car affects another part of the car i honestly forgot what part it said, so if anyone knows please help me out.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: StinkyOnion

yah thats what i mean like 2 hours after i changed the wheels the car sat lower then in the pic, im thinking about lowering to the top of the rim and rolling the fenders ifi have to, the wheels would tuck in the fenders if i had to do it.so if everything thats for a 06si is the same for the 08 then i might just go get a quote for the H&R sport springs. Also i was reading a thread before and it said lowering the car affects another part of the car i honestly forgot what part it said, so if anyone knows please help me out.
Well when you lower it you'll need to go get an alignment. For sure.

You might need need a camber kit (which helps with the alignment from being too low for proper alignment on stock suspension parts) if you go really low though. But idk if you can even go that low, to the point where you would need one.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:00 PM
HCF Member

oh ok see i didn't know that i would need an alignment perfect thanks trustdestruction and everyone else

Old 01-27-2008, 03:30 PM

no problem. i really should go get one... it's been dropped for a while but i have no cash to cough up...

Old 01-27-2008, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

is it mandatory to do? how is the ride for you? does it pull one to either side when ur driving?

Quick Reply: need some advice 08 si