General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Neon's Worth The Trouble?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Default Neon's Worth The Trouble?!

So, for everyone out there who has some under glow on their rides, was it worth the money? Do cops hassel you?? I'm thinking of it on my civic but before I spend the money I need to know (choice - good or bad...)

Old 06-06-2006, 05:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Neon's Worth The Trouble?!

well..alot of guys on here will say there a waste of money because there not into that type of thing, i think they look pretty sweet..theres a couple of guys who have them on here,i was going to get them but i never drive at night really so its not worth it for me..and about the cops, it all depends were you live

Old 06-06-2006, 05:05 PM
HCF Member

If you get them I would make sure every connection is good and tight,sealed.Also you need to take the time and find a good place for them so the don't bust or brake.If you can find a good place then have them do it,I always seem to have trouble with peoples wiring so I do it my self now.It taught me alot about wiring though.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:48 PM

i am not really into the under car neons because they tend to break hitting potholes/ railroad tracks. i have some under my dash and i like those a lot

Old 06-07-2006, 12:08 AM

i like them more in the car then out, but i do like underglows alot, if they are tucked where you cant see them, but they do break alot so!!!

Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 AM

i had the underglow neons lasted two weeks. what a pain always goin out and all kinds of things my bro had them to he ended up buying like 3 sets in the course of three years. but those new led ones might be somethin to check out they seem like they would last longer..just make sure the tubes aren't the lowest part on the car. hide them

Old 06-07-2006, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

i was just thinking, they have the new ones from elusion light systems that are unbrakeable because there just rods with leds on the end, i dont like them because there not that bright and there pretty dam expensive, but they wont brake and you can shape them however you want

Old 06-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Cam
HCF Member

I'd just go down the local police station and ask them what the deal is with them...

Old 06-13-2006, 05:24 PM

underbody neon is GHETTO

Old 06-14-2006, 12:20 AM

it depends entirely on you. in my wannabe show days neon was cool, but there's a lot you're risking by doing it. cops will definitely hassle you, especially if you have them on while you're driving. also, careful if your car is lowered because speedbumbs and pot holes break bulbs and that sucks especially if you have an expensive underglow kit. other than that if it's really what you want to set yourself apart from others, go ahead. and don't worry what other people think, rice is a person's attitude not their car. unless it's a neon and i don't mean srt-4s

Quick Reply: Neon's Worth The Trouble?!