General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New 02 Civic EX: Few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Default New 02 Civic EX: Few questions.

Okay I finally got my Civic! Woo! Awesome on gas and a blast to drive. I love the damn car already. Hehe, I love getting 2nd gear scratches any time I want to Plenty of acceleration and high end torque for me!

Questions:
1. How do I set the clock on the stock radio?
2. Is my car supposed to have keyless entry? Was that an option for EXs or did all EXs come with it? If it is supposed to have it, how can I get another keyless entry pad?
3. My drivers door lock will lock when the door is closed, but when open, I can't push the lock down. Saftey feature so you don't lock your keys in your car?

Other than that, I am loving this damn car!!! Woo!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Default RE: New 02 Civic EX: Few questions.

all ex's come with keyless entry and the door will not lock when the door is open unless you pull the handle and then hit the lock button. Yes it is a saftey feature.

I had the same car. Be carefullwhen shifting to 3rd gear. Ifound that the 2nd to 3rd gear throw can be a littlehard in that car when you are racing. At least for me it was. I killed my3rd gear.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:29 AM
HCF Member

I decided to make this into a picture to make it easier!
[img=http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3517/stereotimesetjv2.th.jpg]

if someone wants to fix that so you can see it go for it, i dont know how to do it, but click it and it will help you set your time.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:25 PM

Thanks. You guys are great help! I got the time set finally. It was like eight minutes behind and was bugging the crap out of me

Grr. That makes me mad that I didn't get a keyless entry pad from the dealer I bought the car from. I guess he didn't get one for it when he bought the car for the lot. Anyone have any idea as to where I can get a new one?

Oh and thanks for the door lock explination, it will be a big help because I have been locking my car with the key from the outside every time I get out!

EDIT: So anyone think its too harsh on the car to have a little fun when i'm driving some times and get a 2nd gear scratch? If it is then I need to stop... I don't want to screw up my car! Oh funny little note, I was pulling out of a gas station earlier and a riced out Protege(probably turbo model) drove bye, so for fun I revved it up at them. Asians they were of course . One guy sticks his head and arm out the window and frowns and does a thumbs down at me. I just laughed out loud cause I knew that car would stomp me any day Good times.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

Well racing an engine will shorten the life of the engine, just make sure you breeak in the car before you start accelerating hard.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: DonkeyBalls

all ex's come with keyless entry and the door will not lock when the door is open unless you pull the handle and then hit the lock button. Yes it is a saftey feature.

I had the same car. Be carefullwhen shifting to 3rd gear. Ifound that the 2nd to 3rd gear throw can be a littlehard in that car when you are racing. At least for me it was. I killed my3rd gear.
OMG YOU ANSWERED ME QUESTION lol i always tryed figuring this out and no wonder understood what the hell i was talking about haha Thanx bro

Old 05-24-2007, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

Oh Yea Hey 02CENTEXVTEC how many miles what color and did it come with the stock wing?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:54 PM

WOOHOO!!!!! Another 7th gen on the streets!! lol

Old 05-24-2007, 05:25 PM

it has 108k on it. Red. And no stock wing.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Woah ares a close you have very little less mileage then mine and urs is red lol and mine has no wing and were like similar people lol haha

Quick Reply: New 02 Civic EX: Few questions.