General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New Civic Non-si potential?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:53 PM
HCF Member
Default New Civic Non-si potential?

Do the new civics have potential to make power? Or are they like the previous generation where the aftermarket was kind of low for making big power?

Or is it just better to buy the Si in the first place?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Civic Non-si potential?

cant go wrong with the si

Old 09-07-2007, 03:46 AM

ORIGINAL: redridinhood

cant go wrong with the si
hmm, lower gas mileage, higher insurance, higher sticker price...

i bought a new 07 civic ex about a month ago. beleive me, i wanted an si. but, if i had that kind of money i'd have just waited a while and bought a real sports car.

and since i own a civic ex, like the original poster, i'm curious about what the power potential of the R18A1 engines is.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:51 PM

for $20,000 you cant go wrong with and si. i mean there not much out there around that, thats better.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

Sorry Bourgeois, but i strongly disagree there. However i am still wondering about these EX motors since in a few years a 2dr/4dr ex will be pretty cheap.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

Its not just EX, the DX LX and EX are all the same for the newer model. They have 140HP which is more then previous generations even the EX. As for the potential, I cant tell you but I would say it would since its starting off with more power then other models. Only problem would be that theres less room in the engine bay.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

ya thats why i didnt buy one cuz if i do end up crashin some how. the dash will end up on my lap and the steering wheel in my gut lol and i like howclean the 99-00 civics look so i went with a 00 ex but i allmost got a 06 tho

Old 09-10-2007, 03:12 AM

ORIGINAL: MasterJT
Only problem would be that theres less room in the engine bay.
i can't speak for the older civics, but from researching the intake/exhaust system on my EX i know that a ton of room in the engine bay can be freed up by going with something simpler than the stock intake. plus, if it's possible to mount the cat further down the exhaust that frees up even more room.

Originally Posted by **Alan**
ya thats why i didnt buy one cuz if i do end up crashin some how. the dash will end up on my lap and the steering wheel in my gut lol
no more so than any other car. and if you're trying to say the dash is really short, it isn't, it just looks that way.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Someone111

Sorry Bourgeois, but i strongly disagree there.
Disagree how, Someone111? I'm also considering the Si model and for less than 20K (quoted price) I'm having a hard time finding another comaprably equipped car with as much gitty-up to it, with quality as high as the Honda line. So what would you buy that competes with the Si in price, performance, and equipment?

Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: uranium238

ORIGINAL: MasterJT
Only problem would be that theres less room in the engine bay.
i can't speak for the older civics, but from researching the intake/exhaust system on my EX i know that a ton of room in the engine bay can be freed up by going with something simpler than the stock intake. plus, if it's possible to mount the cat further down the exhaust that frees up even more room.

Originally Posted by **Alan**
ya thats why i didnt buy one cuz if i do end up crashin some how. the dash will end up on my lap and the steering wheel in my gut lol
no more so than any other car. and if you're trying to say the dash is really short, it isn't, it just looks that way.
---lotsa room under the hood of my K20 after SRI installed

Quick Reply: New Civic Non-si potential?