General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New Front Bumper [bodykit?]

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Default New Front Bumper [bodykit?]

My front bumper is only being held on by 2 bolts =/

if i bought a bodykit, example: http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...k00036217.html

would i just be able to bolt it on like my oem bumper?

Old 07-18-2009, 08:29 AM

lol... technically, yes, you could just "bolt it on" like your OEM bumper, but I doubt it'll fit right without some fiberglass work.

IMO, that bumper is god-awful looking. May I ask why your current bumper only has two bolts/clips holding it on? Why not just go buy new clips?

If you are in the market for a new bumper, a used OEM bumper will cost you about $100-$125. A replica of an OEM bumper will probably run you about $50-$75. Although the fitment isn't always the best on the replicas. Just remember, these prices do not include getting the bumper painted. If you want some style/flare to go along with your front bumper, I'd suggest checking out a front lip. (type r style, mugen style - eBay lips are fine)

Old 07-18-2009, 09:46 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
lol... technically, yes, you could just "bolt it on" like your OEM bumper, but I doubt it'll fit right without some fiberglass work.

IMO, that bumper is god-awful looking. May I ask why your current bumper only has two bolts/clips holding it on? Why not just go buy new clips?

If you are in the market for a new bumper, a used OEM bumper will cost you about $100-$125. A replica of an OEM bumper will probably run you about $50-$75. Although the fitment isn't always the best on the replicas. Just remember, these prices do not include getting the bumper painted. If you want some style/flare to go along with your front bumper, I'd suggest checking out a front lip. (type r style, mugen style - eBay lips are fine)
exactly what he said

Old 07-18-2009, 06:49 PM

B/c this is my first car and the owners who i got it from were awfully SLOW, for the lack of a better word.. thanksfully I have an uncle who used to be a tech at honda and he fixed it all up for me [well mechanically] now I just got to make it shine ;]

the old owners.. lets say took it apart and forgot how to put it back on again :P so all the clips were missing.. and even the bolts weren't even metric, they were standard X.X

Old 07-18-2009, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by jyacoba2009
B/c this is my first car
Now wait.... is that the reason you want to put a body kit on or the reason the bumper is being held on by two bolts? The two bolts things, just slap some extra bolts on there for the time being (not zip ties... that's extremely "rigged")

You can go to hondapartsdeals.com to order a new set of OEM clips and almost any other little thing pretty cheap.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:02 PM

my eyes were getting sore of the bumper hanging off, so I just went to lowes and fixed my problem now... theres a HUGE crack on the right side.. and they tried to fix it, but maybe never let it dried enough.. cuz theres a lot of hard plastic residue still on it like they were trying to dry it by going 100 MPH down the state highway.

How you think I could fix it, I could upload a photo in a sec. Bondo maybe? lol

oh btw.. i went to lowes and bought bolts/washers etc to fix the problem.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

My front bumper is only being held on by 2 bolts =/

if i bought a bodykit, example: http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...k00036217.html

would i just be able to bolt it on like my oem bumper?

NOOOO

I had that same exact bumper................ It was pure zipties on it none of the holes line up for ****! lol and its ugly anyway.

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 07-19-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:25 PM

A Civic is not a Skyline. Please refrain from combining the two.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:26 PM

nike, ur a retard, shut up please?

and who said a civic was a skyline..? lmao.

and the link was an EXAMPLE u slow rejects... read the post b4 u reply

Last edited by jyacoba2009; 07-18-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:29 PM

and who said a civic was a skyline..? lmao.
The manufacturer of this bumper and anyone who buys it seem to think they are.

Quick Reply: New Front Bumper [bodykit?]